b05.21.2008 of 4111 does not transcode, b05.20.2008 does

Bug report and feature request
stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:29 pm

Please upload your problematic video to ftp://mediacoderhq.com/clips (username: dev, password: dev), if it is not very big.
When things work together, things work.

Fallen Again
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Fallen Again » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:44 pm

You have a pm :)

Although, after doing some searches on the forum, it seems there are quite a few threads that actually discuss this problem:

viewtopic.php?t=3600&highlight=wmv9

For example (they pretty much say the same thing I did, that this issue worked on earlier builds of mediacoder).. and:

viewtopic.php?t=4285

The above link apparently has a link to an .avi file with wmv video stream also... so it may be exactly what u need in clip form (as i solely have full movies) that may help for troubleshooting.. if not, please get back to me via pm and you can try some of my test files directly.

[Edit]

Also, just to confirm.. it looks like build 0.6.1.4045 is working fine in terms of handling avi with wmv9 video (will be testing on mkv with wmv9 video shortly). So the crash error (which some people in other threads have attributed to the wmcodec.exe process executing when you attempt to transcode these types of files in the more recent version of mediacoder) is definately a more recent thing. Build 4045 does not attempt to launch the wmvcodec.exe when loading / processing files of this type.. hope this helps u fix the issue in question!

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:03 pm

It is quite possible the something is wrong when MediaCoder tries to identify the file with MPlayer. I will try with the sample file uploaded in another thread you mention.

EDIT:
The temporary workaround: removing wmcodec.exe from the codecs folder, this file is used to retrieve information from files of Windows Media Audio/Video formats.
When things work together, things work.

Fallen Again
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Fallen Again » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:20 am

Attempted doing what you suggested about disabling wmcodec.exe, and all the software ended up doing at that point was spitting out Mencoder loading errors while it attempted to process the files (although loading up the files in Mediacoder at this point at least did not crash the program). Had to revert to an older version of mediacoder to be able to successfully process the files in question.

[Edit]

Noticed that you fixed the issue in build 4115.. excellent! :)

Mon1018
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Mon1018 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:00 pm

Please let me know, and if you have any other suggestions on any other fixes that may make this problem go away, please don't hesitate to tell me!
I Love This Site
enjoy your stay! :D