MC 0.7.3.xxxx cannot treat TS with TFF/RFF flags

Bug report and feature request
kawamoto76
Advanced
Advanced

MC 0.7.3.xxxx cannot treat TS with TFF/RFF flags

Post by kawamoto76 » Sun May 30, 2010 3:48 pm

Out of sync trouble when converting HD TS to .mp4(H.264-AAC) had irritated me for a long time, those were reported in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8972.
A summary of the results is given in http://www.kawamoto.dyndns.org/MCReport.xls

After suggesion from meRobs, I have a suspection about TS format I always treat. As mentioned above, almost TS that I am converting from are encoded with 23.976fps(progressive) implying pull-down-flags(TFF/RFF) that make player deem it as if it was encoded with 59.94fps(interlaced). I have few experiences converting TS that do not have TFF/RFF flags.
Now I tried with MC 0.7.3.4670 about a HD TS that does not imply TFF/RFF flags, encoded at 29.97fps(interlaced), mpeg2-AAC format, 1920x1080. There,I could get .mp4(H.264-AAC) with sync kept under source decoders set auto/auto(video/audio). Also I got well result at Mencoder/MPlayer, at FFmpeg/FFmpeg, and at other combinations. Furthermore, I got successes as to other several HD TS that do not have TFF/RFF.

Then I conclude now that MEncoder, Mplayer, FFmpeg under MC 0.7.0.xxxx can treat progressive TS implying TFF/RFF, however it became impossible under MC 0.7.1.xxxx or later.
Akira Kawamoto