not really a bug ID3 Tag copy

Bug report and feature request
isar3
Amateur
Amateur

not really a bug ID3 Tag copy

Post by isar3 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:50 am

I transcode mp3 to aac (neroAAC), and use transfer Tags.
So some Tags are transfered and some not. Transcode shows done and not ERROR. If I transcode the file which ID3 Tag was not copied into the aac file again the Tags are transfered correct.
Bug in neroaactag????
Is there another way to transfer the Tags, I mean another tag.exe to implement in Mediacoder.
If I want to write the Tag with mp3tag into the m4a (AAC) file exactly the files which have no Tag can't be edited (writing error), but I can change the Tag from the files which have already the right Tag.

edit: I tried to identify the problem, so I transcoded the files without using transfer Tags and copied the Tags with mp3tag. While transcoding I got errors on 6 files, exactly these files can't be edited in ID3 Tag, so I think the problem is not the Tag transfer but the m4a file which is created (maybe corrupt, so that te Tag can't be written correctly).

edit2: If I select MP4Box as Multiplexer instead of none everything seems to work fine, I'll test it on more files.

I'll say it again, MediaCoder is the best programm to transcode Audio and Video, thanks a lot to stanley.