bugs in 0.5.1 build 2390

Bug report and feature request
vulpecula
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:21 pm

bugs in 0.5.1 build 2390

Post by vulpecula » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:38 pm

1. The mpeg-2 encoder does not work properly in 2-pass mode. The bitrate control does not work correctly.


2. Some video only clips, no audio (such as mpeg2 elementary stream m2v, or divx those generated by divx 6 encoder, without audio track) would be mis-identified as audio clips by Mediacoder.
Last edited by vulpecula on Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4130
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by stanley » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:51 pm

MediaCoder determines a file audio only or audio video files only by its file extension. This needs to be improved. What's your file's extension?

vulpecula
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:21 pm

Post by vulpecula » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:59 pm

stanley wrote:MediaCoder determines a file audio only or audio video files only by its file extension. This needs to be improved. What's your file's extension?

.m2v and .divx

isar3
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:51 am

Post by isar3 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:47 am

I want to convert mp3 to nero AAC.
I choose transfer Tags and default container.
I choose Add Dir and Dublicate Directory Structure.
If I transcode the Files (30) transcoding of almost 26 is ok, but on 4 files there stands ERROR. The 4 Files are too short about 20 seconds and sometimes they are even not in the output folder.
If I start the transcoding of the folder again other files say error, maybe this time 2 of 30, so the Files are not corrupt.
If i start the transcoding again some files where error was standing now is staning done, but they are too short, means 1minute instead of 5 minutes, and others are ok, if I do transcoding again of the ERROR Files.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4130
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by stanley » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:46 pm

vulpecula wrote:
stanley wrote:MediaCoder determines a file audio only or audio video files only by its file extension. This needs to be improved. What's your file's extension?

.m2v and .divx
These exts are not recognized. I'll add them to the ext list.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4130
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by stanley » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:47 pm

isar3 wrote:I want to convert mp3 to nero AAC.
I choose transfer Tags and default container.
I choose Add Dir and Dublicate Directory Structure.
If I transcode the Files (30) transcoding of almost 26 is ok, but on 4 files there stands ERROR. The 4 Files are too short about 20 seconds and sometimes they are even not in the output folder.
This is a little bit hard for me to re-produce. Try un-set duplicate dir structure.

ojacques
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:48 am

Post by ojacques » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:37 pm

stanley wrote:
vulpecula wrote:
stanley wrote:MediaCoder determines a file audio only or audio video files only by its file extension. This needs to be improved. What's your file's extension?

.m2v and .divx
These exts are not recognized. I'll add them to the ext list.
Can you add .vdr too? (mpeg2).
Thanks.

isar3
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:51 am

Post by isar3 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:48 pm

some adds to my problem:

all the error files I think have no ID3 Tag, but unchecking transfer tags does not help.
I un-setted dublicate dir structure, same problem.
I tried to do neroaacenc.exe and neroaactag.exe in compatibility mode.
Changed source from MPlayer to Winamp input plugins.
It's always the same. Almost 1 random file state is set to ERROR.

vulpecula
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:21 pm

Re: bugs in 0.5.1 build 2390

Post by vulpecula » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:04 pm

vulpecula wrote:1. The mpeg-2 encoder does not work properly in 2-pass mode. The bitrate control does not work correctly.
It seems to be caused by the ffmpeg "2pass curve failed to converge" issue. There is already some discusssion on related forum. Would appreciate if Stanley would follow and update the ffmpeg if they fix it. Thanks.

isar3
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:51 am

Post by isar3 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:09 pm

Solution for the mp3 to AAC transcoding problem.

I choosed Winamp Input Plugins and changed Nero AAC Encoder AAC Profile from High-Compexity to Low-Complexity (I transcode with Quality -q 0.3).
And now I have only an ERROR if there is no ID3-Tag in the source file, but the files ERROR is shown are ok, they only have no ID3-Tag (thats clear).

Post Reply