Big files (DV AVI) don't work. Smaller work without problem.

Bug report and feature request
indian-gumkac
Beginner
Beginner

Big files (DV AVI) don't work. Smaller work without problem.

Post by indian-gumkac » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:06 am

Hello,

1. problem
--------------------

I wanted to transform avi file DV PAL.
I just wanted to change sample rate (fps form 24.995 to 25fps) of the file. (encoder: video and audio was transformed as stream copy).
So the final size of the file after transformation shoud be approximately the same.

When I opened 3,2 GB avi file (DV PAL format), the MediaCoder 0.5.0r2 showed correct size of the file, but the transformation finished at 2GB and the Media Player Classic can't play the avi file. It shows the problem with interleaving audio and video.

When I opened 800MB avi file (DV PAL), the same transformation passed without problem and the transformed file can be played with Media Player Classic without problem.

2. problem
----------------------------------------
I wanted to the the same type of transformation as mentioned above, but I also wanted to change the sample rate of audio from 32000Hz to 48000Hz in avi DV PAL file. (encoder: video was transformed as stream copy and audio as Waveform/PCM format). So the final size of the file after transformation shoud be a bit larger than the original size of the file.

I have opened about 9GB avi file (DV PAL format).
But the MediaCoder 0.5.0 r2 showed the file size: 1434MB, and the transformation finished at the size of the file about 1GB.
So just a part of the file was transformed, but this part can be played by Media Player Classic without problem.