Fontconfig and variable-framerate support

Bug report and feature request
roozhou
Amateur
Amateur

Fontconfig and variable-framerate support

Post by roozhou » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:44 pm

1) Is it possible to build mplayer/mencoder with fontconfig? The current build is unable to hardcode ssa/a s s subtilte.

2) I have many videos in hybrid-fps. They are mixed 24/30fps or 24/60fps muxed in 120fps avi or mkv. If i use mencoder alone in cmdline it produce correct files. But when using mediacoder, it pipes YUV stream from one mencoder to another. In this way timestamp for each frame is lost and the output file plays in wrong speed. Is it possible to use only one mencoder instead of piping from one to another when both "Source" and "Encoder" are set to mencoder?

SirAuron
Expert
Expert

Post by SirAuron » Sun May 04, 2008 8:21 pm

1. I would like to see that, too. That way maybe I would't have to remux subs into various videos I convert.

2. I would guess the piping was done so that better cpu utilization on multiple cores could be archieved.
MediaCoder settings:

x264 (backend/source: mencoder, fps: 23,976, Fabio Sonatti's settings) + nero aac 64 in matroska

roozhou
Amateur
Amateur

Post by roozhou » Mon May 05, 2008 7:29 pm

Softsubtitle requires much more CPU time especially for 720p+ videos. I have already contacted the author but it seems that he has some problem compiling mplayer/mencoder with fontconfig.

Petie
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Fontconfig and variable-framerate support

Post by Petie » Tue May 06, 2008 1:15 pm

roozhou wrote:1) Is it possible to build mplayer/mencoder with fontconfig? The current build is unable to hardcode ssa/a s s subtilte.
I could be wrong since I've only tried this once or twice but I'm pretty sure it can hard-code the subtitles. Just specify the .ssa or .a ss file in the subtitle section and it should include them in the transcoding.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Wed May 14, 2008 3:16 pm

I've built mencoder with fontconfig but it crashes when using ***/ssa. :-(
When things work together, things work.

roozhou
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Fontconfig and variable-framerate support

Post by roozhou » Thu May 15, 2008 9:59 pm

Petie wrote:
roozhou wrote:1) Is it possible to build mplayer/mencoder with fontconfig? The current build is unable to hardcode ssa/a s s subtilte.
I could be wrong since I've only tried this once or twice but I'm pretty sure it can hard-code the subtitles. Just specify the .ssa or .a ss file in the subtitle section and it should include them in the transcoding.
Most ***/ssa subs contains multiple styls. Without fontconfig mencoder can only use one font for all styles.