Auto Gain Bug + Adobe Audition Issues

Bug report and feature request
Biont
Amateur
Amateur

Auto Gain Bug + Adobe Audition Issues

Post by Biont » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:39 pm

Aranjuez.mp3 - I give you this 1.4 mb mp3, which you can put in MediaCoder, enable Auto Gain in Audio tab and convert it to some other format. The bug I'm talking about is that delayed volume boost with a click at the beginning of the output track.

Now, do you hear that click at the end of my mp3? Well, it's there, because the source WAV file was produced by Adobe Audition. I don't know why MPlayer reacts in such way. It also refuses to work with OGG's produced by Adobe Audition (example: Aranjuez.ogg. Oh, just tried Winamp Input Plugins - it worked... But then why would MPlayer not understand a perfectly working OGG file all of a sudden?

WAV, saved in Adobe Audition, check it out: Biont.wav. Try converting to OGG or MP3 - it will give you click at the end. Try converting to FLAC - no click! X-Files!

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:09 pm

Yes, MPlayer's volume normalization filter is not very good. There is alternative, like Shibatch's resample and normalization utility, but I haven't done with the source level integration yet.

Biont
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Biont » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:49 am

And what about the Adobe Audition issue? The click is still there. And the biont.wav from my previous message is still available to test.