support for large fonts and large dpi in Windows XP

Bug report and feature request
bugz
Amateur
Amateur

support for large fonts and large dpi in Windows XP

Post by bugz » Tue May 29, 2007 7:18 am

I'd like to request that you adjust the GUI for large/extra large fonts and higher DPI settings; I have very bad vision, and I have to put these settings very high to be able to see what I'm doing on the computer.

this is what media coder currently looks like on my machine:

I'd appreciate it very much if you could fix this.

thank you, and keep up the great work on mediacoder; it's fantastic program!

Post by guest » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:51 am

I have the same problem because I have a 1600 x 1200 screen and run it at 150% dpi to bring everything back to normal size. I imagine many folks with hi-res screens use this workaround. Occasionally one has difficulties though when the GUI of applications is coded in a certain way, making them unusable.

I would be really happy if this could be fixed for MediaCoder as it seems to be the hottest tool around. Nice work Stanley!

B!ink
Expert
Expert

Post by B!ink » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:41 am

The only thing that can fix this problem currently is by changing the dpi to 96 under display properties. Not sure if stanley knows hot to get around the problem.

Graeme Be
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Graeme Be » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:35 pm

I have a UXGA screen which I run at 144 dpi so that everything looks about normal size. When I opened MediaCoder for the first time it looked like in the screenshot posted by bugz earlier, even worse.

I reset my dpi to 96 and rebooted and the distortion disappeared, only everything was too small to work with comfortably. It's a pity because I really want to use this application. Sounds like it's going to be the best thing out there. I would like to vote that way if I could use it.

Most programs seem to adapt to high dpi settings without distortion. There's just the occasional few that don't make it. Maybe it's the particular format used? (I'm not at all conversant with programming!)

Best wishes for your endeavours to be #1.