Bug report and feature request
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:45 pm
Any possibility of making this application multithreaded? Kinda sucks having only half my CPU going at it
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:37 am
Seconded! I should metion though that you can run 2 copies of MC at once if you have multiple files to process. As long as the file names don't conflict, it works fine.
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:39 pm
whatsnew.txt wrote:0.5.0 build 2266
5. audio and video now get transcoded in 2 threads at the same time (a performance boost for dual-core processors)
To activate the multi-threading, "File > Settings > Video Encoders [top panel] > X264 [or] XviD > Threads", set to your desired value.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4130
- Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 7:43 pm
- Location: Sydney
In 0.5.0, audio and video are processed in 2 threads simultaneously (except for AVI transcoding, which totally rely on MEncoder and is single-threaded).