Build 5290 (32 bit) MediaCoder VOD edition not saving settin

Bug report and feature request
sdugoten
Amateur
Amateur

Build 5290 (32 bit) MediaCoder VOD edition not saving settin

Post by sdugoten » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:19 am

The Mediacoder VOD edition non usb version, it won't save the setting even if you try to File > Save Current Settings. When you open the Mediacoder again after close, it will just use the default setting, the previous setting you saved wasn't remembered.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Build 5290 (32 bit) MediaCoder VOD edition not saving se

Post by stanley » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:23 am

Some settings will be changed in order to keep the transcoding consistent to what you choose on the left side.
When things work together, things work.

sdugoten
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Build 5290 (32 bit) MediaCoder VOD edition not saving se

Post by sdugoten » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:12 pm

stanley wrote:Some settings will be changed in order to keep the transcoding consistent to what you choose on the left side.
I tried it, yes, if you change the setting on the left hand side, and then "save setting", it will save the setting. However, there is 2 issues still:

1. There is no way to disable "resize" or "frame rate". By default for VOD edition, resize and frame rate is enabled.

2. This is a bigger issue. After you make some change on the left side and then choose save current setting, and now when you close the app and try to reopen it again, it will always prompt you "no more license available at the moment". It seems the Mediacoder crash on close or it won't release the license correctly on close.

I have experience a lot "no more license" error recently, could you relax the license check a bit so that if I come from the same IP, please let me start the app even if the license won't release properly last time.