NVENC or Cuda encode/ MSI Afterburner plugin help?

Discussing about advanced video encoding techniques including GPU encoding, distributive encoding and segmental encoding. Topics are not limited to MediaCoder.
chris89
Beginner
Beginner

NVENC or Cuda encode/ MSI Afterburner plugin help?

Post by chris89 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:56 am

I'm trying to get either IntelQuickSync or Nvidia Cuda to encode on MSI Afterburner but I get an error using "Benchmark" saying NVENC library error. I did copy the correct nvidia cuda dll into my windows folder and registered it. Cuda works fine on apps for encoding.

I'd like to use the neat features of QSV.dll QuickSync and NVENC.dll Nvidia NVENC H.264. How do I get this working because both Quicksync and Nvidia in-game encodes are blank with audio.

So I'm forced to use RTV1 compression which is okay.

I'm on x2 Intel Xeon X5650 processors and GTX 580 @ 1000Mhz for faster cuda processing.

themaster123
Beginner
Beginner

Re: NVENC or Cuda encode/ MSI Afterburner plugin help?

Post by themaster123 » Sun May 03, 2015 3:35 pm

Nvidia NVENC H.264 isn't going to be support by the 580 as it only in 600 series and higher(there are cards with a 6xx in it that are rebrand of the 400\500 series so be aware of this). As for intel quick sync that processor is based on westmere ep which I found doen't have an intergrated card even if it did quick sync was with sandy bridge a later processor.
Unfortunately that means that both won't be useable as neither is present in the computer. You could upgrade to a new graphic card that would support nvenc or a cpu that would support quick sync.