Where did you hear about MediaCoder ?

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Where do you get to know MediaCoder from?

Search engine
33%
Download sites
18%
Forum
25%
Magazine
3%
Friend
9%
SourceForge
12%

Total votes: 162

carsten
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Where do you get to know MediaCoder from?

Post by carsten » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:18 am

It was featured in the German computer magazine c't, in a comparism of CUDA/Stream aware encoders. It was said, the mass of options would be a mess and you have to look after getting the right version down to the subsubsubverion, but nevertheless it would be quick and flexible if you know what you are doing.

I think that's absolutely right. I'd rather use a simpler tool, as I normally only have to re-add black borders to mkvs and pack them in m2ts for the ps3 media server to serve them to my Bravia TV, but I know what I do and thus, I am happy to use MC.

Carsten.

vectorsigma
Beginner
Beginner

Post by vectorsigma » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:29 pm

I found mediacoder looking for a theora-vorbis encoder and ogg muxer. The Xiph website took me to MediaCoder!

Ale

alexander
Beginner
Beginner

Post by alexander » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:49 am

I get it from a Greek magazine

http://www.pcw.gr

strider
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Where did you hear about MediaCoder ?

Post by strider » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:13 am

Was a devotee of SUPER, until it gave my laptop a virus updating to a newer edition. Thinking it was a one-off issue, I continued to use it, but ran into problems with another upgrade, then it wouldn't let me go back to a previous version. Meh...

(Found out later that SUPER's and K-Lite's codecs don't like each other and like to go to war occasionally...once even causing my Windows Explorer to continually close in a never-ending loop for several hours, until I was able to MacGyver into Task Manager and delete the K-Lite software to break the loop. Not good.)

Needing a new all-in-one processing program, a friend on another forum suggested a couple of programs (Avanti, Handbrake), but did some research and found MC had everything I was looking for. With a couple of minor speed bumps, am very happy with the product. Thanks for your continuing efforts.

Mike89
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Mike89 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:40 am

From Sharks Codec Tools page and Doom9 forum.

buzzwork
Beginner
Beginner

Post by buzzwork » Tue May 24, 2011 4:26 am

I downloaded and tested a lot of converters, splitters, rippers and joiners.

MEDIACODER definitly is the Best. Besides I still use Handbrake and mkvmerge sometimes.
MediaCoder is not for the Rookie but can be learned by anyone who can operate a PC. I
still have to learn a lot because its so complete.

Great app

Kai

CasanovaFly
Beginner
Beginner

Post by CasanovaFly » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:35 am

Member of a different off-topic forum pointed me in the direction of MediaCoder.

brownsmith
Beginner
Beginner

Post by brownsmith » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Hello,

I was heard about Media Coder from the search engine and also downloaded site.

Smith Brown

youtube downloader mac|Mac flv converter

sarawang
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sarawang » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:38 pm

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will use Wednesday's League Cup tie with Crystal Palace to give fans a glimpse into the future - despite failing to win the past two games.United has left itself with work to do to qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League and lost ground in the title race after failing to mlb replica jerseys
nhl team jerseysbeat Benfica and Newcastle in the past week.But Ferguson intends to rest key players and instead put his faith in the club's youngsters as four-time winner United looks to advance to the semifinals of the competition.

dingbat
Beginner
Beginner

Post by dingbat » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:57 am

I first "discovered" MediCoder while searching for X.264 settings. One of the threads was the forum post regarding Sharktooth's setting.
All I can say is that I wished I would have found MediaCoder last year. It would have saved me quite a bit of grief as well as a good amount of cash! I have no complaints (so far), and the support/user community seem far better than the product that I *was* using. Guess I'll still use it to copy though....

Kudos for a good product that actually allows the user to choose and set their preset!