Error (AVI to MP4) audio okay, video speeded up

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

SirJuggles
Beginner
Beginner

Error (AVI to MP4) audio okay, video speeded up

Post by SirJuggles » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:39 am

I'm trying to convert an avi file I recorded into MP4 to fix issues I've had in the past with uploading to youtube. I ran 2 similar files through conversions with no issue, but this third one seems to have Mediacoder baffled.

Basically, when I play the file with VLC player it plays all the way through with no sound or video issues, so I know the file itself is good. However, when I import it to Mediacoder and hit "play" at the top, the video that opens in the MPlayer whizzes by at super-speed. The audio remains normal and plays at regular speed, but the video plays the entire 10-minute clip in 15 seconds and then ends. This is before any transcoding, just playing the original (working) file in the MPlayer function.

When I try to transcode this file to MP4, with
Audio: Auto Select
Video: Mpeg4
Container: MP4
Picture: Resize to 640x480
Everything else: Default
the conversion process starts, works on the transcode for about 20 seconds, then ends with a message of "error: no file outputted"

Actually, on just trying again to make sure the above is accurate, the conversion DID result in a file, but it's of extremely low quality and it also rushes through the 10-minute clip in 15 seconds at super-speed. No settings have been changed since the last two files of the same type went through the same process without result (I have done a revert settings to make sure of this), and the file I'm trying to use does play normally in other players. I'm simply trying to convert it to maximize youtube quality.

Any help would be appreciated, though it's not the end of the world if it's just a weird file.