Matroska has audio sync issues

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Spaz
Beginner
Beginner

Matroska has audio sync issues

Post by Spaz » Mon May 29, 2006 2:50 am

I been trying to made a MKV file with H.264 with OGG but anything I put into the MKV file gets out of sync. AVI seems to work fine with XVID and MP3 but using Matroska using the same setting doesn't work right. Some files get converted and the audio is twice the length as the video because it is playing at half the speed. Other videos are slightly off over a period of time.

Any Ideas?

itspete
Modest
Modest

Re: Matroska has audio sync issues

Post by itspete » Mon May 29, 2006 8:24 am

Spaz wrote:I been trying to made a MKV file with H.264 with OGG but anything I put into the MKV file gets out of sync. AVI seems to work fine with XVID and MP3 but using Matroska using the same setting doesn't work right. Some files get converted and the audio is twice the length as the video because it is playing at half the speed. Other videos are slightly off over a period of time.

Any Ideas?
Hi.

The frame 'bitrate' is most important to ensure proper time sync.
You must adjust this setting to the correct value, otherwise video and
audio sync will slowly drift apart.
With video, the correct Audio Resample is a MUST too.
All of which contribute to a better result.
Ttest with 2 pass awell, by I normally find that fixing the bitrate (once
correct) will always give good results.

I shall try to put settings on 'Tips And Guides' a.s.a.p

All the best

Spaz
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Spaz » Mon May 29, 2006 9:06 am

Adjusting the audio resample to match did help. It just a bit off now at the end. I thought it would make adjustments for the change.

Spaz
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Spaz » Mon May 29, 2006 8:16 pm

I been playing with it some more today and encoded a H.264 + OGG file that completes at exactly 50MB but only has 6:16 before it stops playing. The second time I tried it with the same settings and got to 16 min before it stopped playing. Funny thing is that again it was at 50MB when complete. Anything I do with MKV seems to be off or breaks. AVI works fine though using XVID + OGG.

Also I seen when limiting the end time for encoding it doesn't always stop at the set time and continues on to the end.

itspete
Modest
Modest

Post by itspete » Tue May 30, 2006 11:53 pm

Spaz wrote:I been playing with it some more today and encoded a H.264 + OGG file that completes at exactly 50MB but only has 6:16 before it stops playing. The second time I tried it with the same settings and got to 16 min before it stopped playing. Funny thing is that again it was at 50MB when complete. Anything I do with MKV seems to be off or breaks. AVI works fine though using XVID + OGG.

Also I seen when limiting the end time for encoding it doesn't always stop at the set time and continues on to the end.
Hi.
Sad to say, but it sounds like your original video you are working on has
some faulty areas within it. Please try something else from another source.
If you are extracting original material, then use some other product to
extract with. Use very much smaller files, about 2 minutes in length.
This way, you can ensure that it not the settings that cause the problems.
Then use a 10 minute original and see what happens.

Please let me know what results you have on smaller files.
In the meantime, I'll have a quick check on various files and formats for
you.

All the best

Spaz
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Spaz » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:34 pm

Well I downloaded RealAnime 4.1.2 which does Matroska with x264 + OGG with no issues. I rather use H264 then X though. :(

I don't know what the issues is but I tried VOB, DIVX and XVID files and each had different audio sync issues. The only other thing I can think of is that its because I'm using Windows X64. Maybe something isn't completely compatible with it and is causing the issue.

buck12
Amateur
Amateur

Post by buck12 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:16 pm

try using this version MediaCoder-0.6.1.4130 and all the sync issues might just disappear.