Real Player Video to AVI/MPEG

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

skTech
Beginner
Beginner

Real Player Video to AVI/MPEG

Post by skTech » Fri May 26, 2006 11:47 pm

I am new to the conversion and any video editing but as starting point I am trying to convert RM Video (Real Player) to AVI/MPEG using Divx/MPEG4 video codec and serverl audio codecs but I am getting video but not AUDIO. Is something missing in my settings? What are the best codecs to use to convert this video. My final goal is to burn DVD with these videos.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. - SKTech

-------------------------
Hi from Charles.

To get sound:
Input Container Audio as:FFMPEG Audio Codec 244 or 128 passable.
output container (bottom right TABS) as either FFMEG (or Lame if you
want to use the small file method, only for VCDEasy VCD. Will not pass in NERO. See Tips And Guides).

Out of interest, what are your Input and Output settings?

All the best
Charles (I am no expert myself :wink: )

skTech
Beginner
Beginner

Post by skTech » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:48 am

Thanks Charles,

First of all I am sorry, i did not see any responds to my question in the front page. anyway, i will try the audio settings and i do not remember my input output settings. will post later.

Thanks again for your response.

itspete
Modest
Modest

Post by itspete » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:41 am

skTech wrote:Thanks Charles,

First of all I am sorry, i did not see any responds to my question in the front page. anyway, i will try the audio settings and i do not remember my input output settings. will post later.

Thanks again for your response.
Hi.
I have now had a good look. Those listed in the Source container will not
read rm, rma fles. I can only conclude that at present MediaCoder can not
convert Real Media files. That's not to say it never will.
An Update may resolve this, unless someone else knows different, then
please let me know.
All the best
Charles

hereshegoes
Beginner
Beginner

I've had mostly good results converting RealVideos

Post by hereshegoes » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:37 am

I didn't choose any settings when converting my .rm videos, I just added the file to Media Coder and selected "Start Transcoding" from the Action menu. I guess it automatically chooses the conversion format that works best but the resulting avi videos had the DivX marks on them.
One of the .rm videos that I converted was mostly black frames with music when I played it in real player, but Media Coder gave me a full video with sound and all images!

There were some .ram format videos that just would not convert and resulted in a blur of colored boxes instead of a video image. Those are videos that I could convert to avi format using Real7ime Converter (also known as R7C).
R7C is a freeware program and providing you have the right codecs on your computer (K-Lite Mega Codec worked for me), you can open R7C and just drag your ram video into the window so the path and filename show in the url window....then click on the tab in the pane below to choose output name and destination and be sure to type .avi after file name. Click on the options tab and choose "image + sound" and then click on the video tab and choose "full frames uncompressed" because that works best for most conversions....then press the go tab. You can also get streaming RealVideos with R7C providing you have a valid url to copy/paste in the url line.

So far, Media Coder has converted 3 .rm videos that R7C just could not convert or only gave me sound on. However, there are plenty of .ram videos that R7C has converted well that Media Coder converted to a blurry mess.

I always try Media Coder first because when it works the results are the best, but R7C has converted some that Media Coder messed up.

One big advantage with R7C is when you want to split a RealVideo. R7C can do time recording. For example, I had a long show in real format and I entered the following in the url line:
file://C:/Documents and Settings/SJA/Desktop/arista.rm?start=11:48&end=17:00
(that was for a realvideo that was already on my computer and the stop time should be 1 sec more than what you want to hear because it actually stops recording at the start of the end entry)
for website url's, here's an example of what to enter for time-recording:
rtsp://video.website.com/artist/artist.rm?start=52:58&end=56:40
(not the actual address I used, but you get the idea)
If you're going to do time recording, it's best to copy/paste the url to a text document and then add the stop and start info to the url before you copy/paste it into the R7C url line.

bugz
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bugz » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:15 pm

I've just donwloaded this "special" R7C. Found it here:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Real7ime_Converter

While scanning the file (368 kb, Version 1.1) virustotal.com found at least three times suspicious or trojan data in it.

I would recommend using this soft only with a virtual pc.

++++++
File size: 376723 bytes
MD5: b808c0d450f1c7e016175e3b5dd63493
SHA1: edc78df8893ee6cabccd1aba886ff9c7144a640d
packers: UPX
packers: UPX, UPX
packers: UPX