The Encoding Thread Seems to be Blocked

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Darksaber11
Beginner
Beginner

The Encoding Thread Seems to be Blocked

Post by Darksaber11 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:12 am

While I was converting a AVI (Xvid/AC-3) to MP4 (H.264/AAC) on the third pass, I got the standard "the encoding thread seems to be blocked, blah blah blah, if another program may be accessing the stream, blah blah blah." Now I've run into this error several times since upgrading to Windows 7 RC1, and in the case of smaller media files (< 1hr run time) I only run in to the problem when reencoding several of them in a row, and the ones that do cause an error can simply be recoded again separately, but with larger media files, it the error consistently comes up around the beginning of the third pass.

Anyone have any ideas? I've been poking around this forum and I'm seeing that I might need to try other audio codecs? Is this my only option?
I am the rigid journalist, don't downsize me.

dcol
Beginner
Beginner

Re: The Encoding Thread Seems to be Blocked

Post by dcol » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:49 am

I have totally given up on MediaCoder and have gone back to Handbrake because I cannot get through any encoding without this error.
No one seems to have a resolution, so bye bye MediaCoder.

gendalf
Beginner
Beginner

Re: The Encoding Thread Seems to be Blocked

Post by gendalf » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:39 pm

dcol, I'm also having lots of issues in MediaCoder, especially what is annoying, that it allows unsupported by your hardware codec/settings selection then shows generic errors and you're supposed to know that.. With Handbrake I've had subtitle fonts being changed even though it's on pasthruand its codec options/descriptions are lackluster and more importantly it doesn't allow video passthru. anyway..

Recently I've been getting this "thread" error (windows 10, mcx64 0.8.61), when trying to convert a video with flac to lc-aac, I've tried QAAC and Nero options, it's just sitting there doing nothing, yet previously I've had no issues with this sort of conversion. Ended up extracting it, converting with lamexp and then re-merging the files, it's taken, like, 1 minute.