WMA3 6 channels to Dolby Digital 6 channels (AC3)

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

alcaloide
Beginner
Beginner

WMA3 6 channels to Dolby Digital 6 channels (AC3)

Post by alcaloide » Fri May 23, 2008 3:26 am

Hello.

I have a movie that I could extract both video and audio. I transcoded the video from wmv to XviD without any problems. But whenever I try to convert the audio source, that is wma3 6 channels using ffmpeg, to AC3, if I use the original setting I get a stereo audio, if I use 5.1 channels setting, I get error 11.

How can I convert this wma3 6 channels to AC3 6 channels? Help will be mostly appreciated.

Regards.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Tue May 27, 2008 6:06 pm

Does the channel info corrected detected and displayed in the side bar?
When things work together, things work.

roozhou
Amateur
Amateur

Re: WMA3 6 channels to Dolby Digital 6 channels (AC3)

Post by roozhou » Wed May 28, 2008 6:25 pm

alcaloide wrote:Hello.

I have a movie that I could extract both video and audio. I transcoded the video from wmv to XviD without any problems. But whenever I try to convert the audio source, that is wma3 6 channels using ffmpeg, to AC3, if I use the original setting I get a stereo audio, if I use 5.1 channels setting, I get error 11.

How can I convert this wma3 6 channels to AC3 6 channels? Help will be mostly appreciated.

Regards.
I am afraid mplayer cannot decode 5.1 wmapro to 6-channel wav. Mplayer will crash if you use -channels 6 with 5.1 wmapro audio stream.

alcaloide
Beginner
Beginner

Post by alcaloide » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:36 am

stanley wrote:Does the channel info corrected detected and displayed in the side bar?
Yes, but everytime I got a stereo audio... Is there a way to extract wmapro into 6 wav files?