Converting Audio

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

mimo
Beginner
Beginner

Converting Audio

Post by mimo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:49 am

I am really starting to get annoyed with MediaCoder! First of all I havn't a clue how to use the thing and I have some how managed to convert video. I really don't get the tabs and settings at all. I wouldn't be so annoyed if this program had decent documentation but this has none at all! Even Windows Media Player has documentation and any idiot could use that! So I try to convert some audio files (.wma) but how do I do it becuase in the container it comes up with Video formats and same with encoders. Of course it came up with a pointless and not helping error message. God bless the person who can help me with this problem!

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:20 am

To transcode audio, set video format to Bypass, set container to Default (for most cases). Then choose your desired audio encoder. That should work in most cases.
Sorry for lack of docs, I must admit I don't like to write docs. I'm waiting for volunteer who can contribute some good docs or tutorials but up to now there is still no such good things.

mimo
Beginner
Beginner

Post by mimo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:04 pm

Thanks stanley. I'll try it out.

D'you reckon you could help me with this though:

No matter what I do, whenever I convert videos only the video is recorded but no audio any help?

mimo
Beginner
Beginner

Post by mimo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:29 pm

Forget it I worked it out. How do I chose what format my audio file will be? Also converting Audio STILL doesn't work even with the settings you provided. Which Uadio encoder should I use??

Shadwell
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Converting Audio

Post by Shadwell » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:44 pm

mimo wrote:I am really starting to get annoyed with MediaCoder!!
You are welcome to buy expensive software instead then.

mimo
Beginner
Beginner

Post by mimo » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:30 am

Actually Shadwell I love free and opensource software and have never purchased software above £10. But thank you for your pointless and un helpful post any way. If some one could actually help me then it would be appreciated.

I realise that I am being extremely rude but at the time I was very angry and I regret alot of things when I get like that so appolagies. I'm glad stanley was patient enough to not get angry back! Great software I really must say.

I am a top poster at another forum and I realise that people who post only one post that's rude and don't thank people when they're being patient and helpful are pains in the back side and yet I am fast becoming one! So again sorry.