Trouble Converting files

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

daved
Beginner
Beginner

Trouble Converting files

Post by daved » Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm

I am new to the media coder program and from what i see it has great potentiel for use but i am experience some issues converting files. when i try and convert a MP3 flile to a AAC format it is giving me an error saying check the log well what spacific log it is reffering to i am not shure there is no reffrence to a log that i cold see. however i was able to bring up the console window and ran through the encoding again. when it was looking for the file that i had designated as an mp3 format the console said it was looking for a .pmp file. the reason for that i am unshure of if you could offer any additional help i would appreacate it

thanks
Dave D.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Thu May 18, 2006 5:54 pm

Which encoder did you choose?

itspete
Modest
Modest

Re: Trouble Converting files

Post by itspete » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:57 am

daved wrote:I am new to the media coder program and from what i see it has great potentiel for use but i am experience some issues converting files. when i try and convert a MP3 flile to a AAC format it is giving me an error saying check the log well what spacific log it is reffering to i am not shure there is no reffrence to a log that i cold see. however i was able to bring up the console window and ran through the encoding again. when it was looking for the file that i had designated as an mp3 format the console said it was looking for a .pmp file. the reason for that i am unshure of if you could offer any additional help i would appreacate it

thanks
Dave D.
Hi.
Some MP3 files may freeze or drop MediaCoder out.
See 'Tips And Guides' for general solution.

These types of files really should be re-done again else where.
TO DO THIS... here is my tip.
Freeware MP3 Direct Cut - from: www.mpesch3.de
Select your Start and End position and save it again.

For other normal MP3's, have a look at 'Tips And Guides'
All the best