disabling QPEL encoding in AVIs?

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

utsumi
Beginner
Beginner

disabling QPEL encoding in AVIs?

Post by utsumi » Thu May 18, 2006 11:31 am

I use a DVD player that also supports divx and xvid files, but it can't play QPEL encoded videos. There's heading under Settings -> Video Codec -> Xvid that lets you select between Half Pixel and Quarter Pixel motion search accuracy, but both settings seem to result in a QPEL AVI file. Is there some way to turn this off?

Thanks.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Thu May 18, 2006 6:00 pm

How did you check whether QPEL is enabled or not?

tropique
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tropique » Tue May 23, 2006 4:05 am

Same problem for me. I understood that only some recent divx players are able to play divx files with qpel depending on the processor. I would like to use MediaCoder for transcoding divx files not played by my KISS player to playable ones.
I have tested xvid transcoding and then checked the codecs coming in the resulting file with GSPOT. Qpel (quarter pixel) was there. I tried to figure out how to remove it but did not find where. Is it coming form "Pixel Precision for Motion Search" ? If yes, there no "NO" option, only "HALF PIXEL" or "QUARTER". Unless it is somewhere else ...

Any hint to remove the qpel codec ?

And many thanks for this beautiful software and time invested in answering the posts.javascript:emoticon(':mrgreen:')
Mr. Green

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Tue May 23, 2006 2:51 pm

I need to check some documents before I can figure out the reason. Before that, you may choose DivX as video format as an alternative.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Mon May 29, 2006 1:09 pm

This bug is fixed.