XULPlayer 0.0.5.0 is released

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:25 am

0.0.2 is released. Some improvements to make it more handy to use. I haven't yet implemented dual video. ;-)
I'm having some problem setting up phpbb3 on the shell space of SF.net which doesn't provide write access to php.
When things work together, things work.

thibeaz
Amateur
Amateur

Hmmm

Post by thibeaz » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:07 pm

You may have to use phpbb2 :S if you want I can provide a fully modded phpbb2 with all antispam mods installed (and a fast reply got to have one of those ;)). But only if you want it. and good Job on xulplayer ;)

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:26 pm

Hi thibeaz, I've added you to the develop group of xulplayer. I haven't set your role in the group. Which role do u want to play?

darklotus
Amateur
Amateur

Post by darklotus » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:06 pm

Looking good.
Looking forward to the duel video :).

Dont know if you want a whole lot of suggestions but.

Would you be able to add drag and drop support?
Would be nice to be able to drag a file into the playlist/play window.

Double clicking the video causing it to go full screen would be good instead of needing to use the menu.

Also clicking the video while in full screen pauses it, but only for a split second it swaps back to playing again i assume this is a bug.

thibeaz
Amateur
Amateur

Post by thibeaz » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:17 am

stanley wrote:Hi thibeaz, I've added you to the develop group of xulplayer. I haven't set your role in the group. Which role do u want to play?
Well currently you just set me as documentation (Even though it doesn't really require much) or Just set me as developer (If you decide to make plugins for xulplayer like they way they do in firefox ;)
as for phpbb I can create a subdirectory for xulplayer on thibeaz.com for it so you can use phpbb3 spam free ;)

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:54 am

XulPlayer 0.0.3 is released.

thibeaz
Amateur
Amateur

Post by thibeaz » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:51 am

by the looks XULPlayer 0.0.0.4 is out now too

chris_taub
Beginner
Beginner

npxulplayer.dll as a plugin on real webpages

Post by chris_taub » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:08 am

after looking at your code i realized that this could also be the first mplayer-plugin for windows (with Firefox)!
if a user has already mplayer, npxulplayer.dll could use it (via some configs like the path to the mplayer.exe). this would be great for people who want to use a good player for watching web-video.

then someone could build a extension for FF detecting all the embed-stuff (flash,quicktime...) on webpages converting it to an xulplayer-object :)

i would like to play a little bit (embedding npxulplayer.dll, building basic controls to play a video-file)... can you give me a hint if it is possible to do that?

thanks
chris

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:47 pm

Yes that's for sure. A firefox extension for playing back audio and video. That is quite possible and will be cool indeed.

chris_taub
Beginner
Beginner

embedding

Post by chris_taub » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:47 pm

ok

i think the target group should be the upcoming FF3 - then we have all the interfaces whithout dhtml-scripting.

some xul-elements (toolbar,scale,labels etc.), some functions (stop,play,seek),

dom-parsing-code, + code to check for sources (if we know what kind of player we have, code for special cases like youtube)

some config-interfaces (setting the path to mplayer > should be written to a config-file)

adapting npxulplayer.dll to use mplayer outside of the plugin-folder.

i think this would be good for people already using mplayer (i would prefer not to have another mplayer in my plugin-folder with all the codec-stuff). then we have no problem with proprietary codecs (we dont need to distribute this). and the people can use it together with xulplayer.

i tried to get a small demo-player up and running, but i didnt get the point how it works exactly. could you give me a hint how to control the player?

thanks
chris