I think Mediacoder is better than super

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Milardo
Amateur
Amateur

I think Mediacoder is better than super

Post by Milardo » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:33 pm

I think Mediacoder is better than super, because it can convert better than super, it doesn't install hidden programs like super, it can uninstall easily and reinstall easily unlike super, and it just works better yeah.

B!ink
Expert
Expert

Post by B!ink » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:58 am

I prefer MediaCoder over SUPER.

europeia
Beginner
Beginner

Post by europeia » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:21 am

SUPER's made by people who create software to spam your email inbox...

Besides, MediaCoder IS definitely better than SUPER, imho - although the two lower square boxes should resize if I want to use it fullscreen. And I wonder about the skinned version. I rather see no skin support and no device support if that makes general development faster.

Gee, isn't life wonderful when there's forums to banter? :P
W...

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:38 am

Agree! :-D
When things work together, things work.

itspete
Modest
Modest

Post by itspete » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:59 pm

europeia wrote:SUPER's made by people who create software to spam your email inbox...

Besides, MediaCoder IS definitely better than SUPER, imho - although the two lower square boxes should resize if I want to use it fullscreen. And I wonder about the skinned version. I rather see no skin support and no device support if that makes general development faster.

Gee, isn't life wonderful when there's forums to banter? :P
Strange, I've never been spammed by SUPER since it first was created.
Can't see why you have been.
SUPER is a easy way of doing things with already preset values for various formats (although they can be changed). Suitable for quick general fixes only.
While MediaCoder is really not for beginners and covers a vast range of conversion processes. This makes far better 'All Round', but you need to know the basics of what you are doing. The more 'Tips and Settings' given in the forum will make this 'outstanding' above all !!

All the best
Charles

Post by guest » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:23 am

IMHO, SUPER and MediaCoder are about equal. They're both really good converters. However, there are some pros and cons to them. SUPER doesn't get updated as often, and there are only a few internal encoders, unlike MediaCoder. However, when I use MediaCoder, it's like rolling dice. Batch converting a few videos that have the same properties and same conversion settings doesn't mean they'll all be converted. That's a big flaw, because most converters can do that, and it can really waste (and sometimes create stress) the user's time.

forart.eu
Modest
Modest

Post by forart.eu » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:17 pm

ANY open source software is better than a closed source one. 8)
>>Forward Agency
In progress we (always) trust.

B!ink
Expert
Expert

Post by B!ink » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:07 pm

Open source is good for sure. At least anyone is free to make changes to the program as they desire (as long as you understand programming).

:wink: