Confused about XUL Player

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Jem
Amateur
Amateur

Confused about XUL Player

Post by Jem » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Another newbie q I suspect...

Downloaded & installed XUL Player as I was trying to play with the 'Play Comparison' option. MC still tells me that XUL Player is required and nothing happens. Presumably it not as simple as that...?

Thanks.

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Re: Confused about XUL Player

Post by meRobs » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:41 pm

What build are you using?
When installing that build there is check list containing XULrunner already checked for inclusion by default. Certainly for build 5010, I can't remember for the other builds.
Did you leave this checked?
If you are using 5010, it should be given as the 'Browser' under Options > Bowser Setup > Path to Firefox, which should have the path to XULrunner!
If installed with 5010, XULrunner should be in its own folder under the top folder for MediaCoder.

Have I understood your question?
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

Jem
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Jem » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 pm

meRobs wrote:What build are you using?
2011 Build 5011
When installing that build there is check list containing XULrunner already checked for inclusion by default. Certainly for build 5010, I can't remember for the other builds.
Did you leave this checked?
Yes
If you are using 5010, it should be given as the 'Browser' under Options > Bowser Setup > Path to Firefox, which should have the path to XULrunner!
If installed with 5010, XULrunner should be in its own folder under the top folder for MediaCoder.
'Browser Setup' is greyed out and inaccessible.
Have I understood your question?
Yep...

EDIT: I just checked in Settings and the path to xulrunner.exe is set correctly. XUL Runner is indeed present where it apparently should be yet it will not run.

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Post by meRobs » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:36 pm

OK.
The path to XULrunner, being correct, under Browser Setup merely allows MediaCoder to access its "Advanced Settings" (3rd from the R on the Toolbar), which previously required a browser like Firefox!

What you are referring to is the Play button > Play comparison! So, I did misunderstand your question !!
My setup also pops up with "This feature requires XULplayer to be installed".
Maybe it hasn't been incorporated yet?
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

Jem
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Jem » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:39 pm

meRobs wrote:OK.
The path to XULrunner, being correct, under Browser Setup merely allows MediaCoder to access its "Advanced Settings" (3rd from the R on the Toolbar), which previously required a browser like Firefox!

What you are referring to is the Play button > Play comparison! So, I did misunderstand your question !!
My setup also pops up with "This feature requires XULplayer to be installed".
Maybe it hasn't been incorporated yet?
Ah well, at least it's not just me...

rhycos
Modest
Modest

Post by rhycos » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:35 am

Hi,
You can download xul player seperately and put it under mediacoders folder

Splinty
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Splinty » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:24 am

rhycos wrote:Hi,
You can download xul player seperately and put it under mediacoders folder
I downloaded that player 0 6 0 build, but while installing it says that it's wrong platform version. So xulplayer can't be used with mediacoder 2011 RC3
Sors mea Jesus!