Does anything work or what?

Discussion about AudioCoder
pintree3
Beginner
Beginner

Does anything work or what?

Post by pintree3 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Sorry for such a lousy subject heading but it seems it is quite appropriate when considering that nothing and I mean nothing seems to work about this software. Could it be totally me? I read so many good things about this software. And I am truly appreciative for making this free and all.
OK let's start. I install it--all except the video codec since I'll have no use for it and no media player either. And then I open the software only to tell me, complain, that there is no media player. If I needed a media player why didn't it say so? OK fine I then click on this link and that link and it's always getting my browser popping up with a blank page (Later i discover it doesn't seem to like Firefox for it did work fine with IE). OK so I set it up and I keep on getting a pop up window telling me to shut something or other. OK fine. I uninstall it, thinking I guess you really need the media player after all. And guess what? it now tells me that it can't do so since "AudioCoder2011-x64-5200.exe" is in use. What? Hello of course it's in use it's the f-----n installer. And obviously it can't mean the actual program since it has been uninstalled. And to make matters worse the ****ed error wont let go no matter how often I click on the X. Reboot my PC, I also stop my anti-virus and firewall and things go a little better but once again I get the same silly error pop up about the, AudioCoder2011-x64-5200.exe. Yes CTRL_ALT_DEL showed nothing. After clicking on the ok about 7 times the installer finally comes on and I'm back with the software. Again it doesn't seem to like my Firefox since all links come out blank (even after having emptied out the cache.)
I now set everything up--all mp3 tabs set to its highest quality setting. Get the files, start transcoding 5 flac files to mp3 and, within a second I get a pop up saying "Transcoding completed' What? so fast? Impossible. A closer look at this pop up window shows it says, "5 files / 97MB have been transcoded into 0.0MB Compression ratio 19865.60:1. (the actual transcoded files are 1KB each).
So please what is going on here? Where did I possibly go wrong?
Update: I uninstalled it and reinstalled it once again, after having read every possible forum thread with related files and nothing. Basically I continue to get error messages. But what bothers me most is that it behaves as if all is ok and then conversion continues to happen in seconds creating 1KB files. Something somewhere is obviously wrong.

pintree3
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Does anything work or what?

Post by pintree3 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:46 am

This is the 2nd time I receive an email in weeks telling me that this subject has been approved. OK good. I'm happy. Thanks--really. But where are the replies? Certainly Admin has read my posting and knows the issue. Is it not worth of Admin to then reply? (since they are the most apt in solving this problem). Thanks again in advance

pintree3
Beginner
Beginner

Post by pintree3 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:33 am

Hello! Is anybody home? Beats me how this forum works. I just received an email, after a very long time, telling me that someone has replied to this post only to come here and find no such thing happened. All I see is my own two. Is there a ghost hanging around? Then again, considering the incredible amount of replies it would appear I am merely writing to myself. Hello pintree3

seboyd2000
Amateur
Amateur

Post by seboyd2000 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:49 pm

hell, I cant even get it to show up in the monitor screen, I posted on this problem 2 yrs ago and now I just installed ( 2015_MediaCoder_0.8.33.5685-64bit ) and its still messed up. When I open the software the browser always opens I check dont show anymore, but it still opens every time to work their adverts hits. I see the mediacoder icon in the tray and have tried everything to get it to show up in the screen, Man this crappy software used to work great when it 1st came out, now I guess its all about the money in adverts.

mananee
Beginner
Beginner

Post by mananee » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:59 pm

good