Maintaining file folders during transcoding

Discussion about AudioCoder
wedmiston
Beginner
Beginner

Maintaining file folders during transcoding

Post by wedmiston » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:21 am

I am interested in converting hundreds of music filehus organized into folders by [artist name - album - songs]. Can mediacoder transcode the entire root folder and maintain all the existing folders as the original?

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Re: Maintaining file folders during transcoding

Post by meRobs » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:30 am

Hi, welcome to the forum.
When you first open MediaCoder the Output Folder panel, at top right, should show <Original Folder>.
This results when Settings > Overall > Task > Output folder is a blank. It should work.
However, it may be overwritten by any Presets you may load.

Some discussion on Presets and Output Folder, etc, is given in the Tips & Guides section (link below).
Unfortunately, the guides were written after testing earlier versions of MediaCoder. And since MediaCoder are beta versions that change often, some guides may be inapproriate but should still give you some clues.
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

wedmiston
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Maintaining file folders during transcoding

Post by wedmiston » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:36 pm

Thanks Robs but I didn't see what you are referring to. I am using Audiocoder, not mediacoder since I'm only dealing with music. Basically, I want to keep my individual song files in the same artist folders I have them in now as I batch transcode them from FLAC to MP3 (for my portable player). I tried once using an artist in which I had three albums. Transcoded the entire folder containing the three albums, but afterwards the new folder had all the songs combined as one long list, not in three folders.

Can this be done?