Some background... I started out using 0.8.29 around Jan 2015 (Win 7 ultimate), everything worked fine for quite some time. Just within the past few days, I'd try to convert files (generally, FLAC, or mp3's encoded @ 320 kbps, converted to v0 mp3's), and whether I was trying to do sixty or five at once, regardless of the source material, AudioCoder would freeze & Windows would shut it down.
So I downloaded the latest version today, 0.8.46 build 5866, & completely uninstalled the old version I had, installed the new one. I realize this would delete my various custom settings, but it seemed like a simple enough fix.
So far, in messing around w/ the settings in the fresh install, I switched the encoder to LAME MP3 & the output to V0 VBR, & I think that's about it...
For whatever it's worth, the line between the settings & News/Updates/Products/Blog/Forum row reads as follows:
lame.exe --vbr-new -V 0 -b -B -q 2 --noreplaygain --add-id3v2 --resample $(SampleRate) -r -s $(SampleRate) --quiet - "$(DestFileAudio)"