DOLBY DIGITAL AUDIO AC3 AND/OR AVI

Share with other users your experience in using MediaCoder.
XRATYO
Beginner
Beginner

DOLBY DIGITAL AUDIO AC3 AND/OR AVI

Post by XRATYO » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:17 pm

I try for more time to encode something with the original audio (typically AC3) of a DVD. I've tryed the advanced options "enable multi channel" with various settings. So with DVD2Avi I've extract the true audio. After various hours, I' ve obteined with a DirectstreamCopy, EnableMultyChannels, Channel n°6, and Channel 0 setted for every channels, an AVI file that comes 5Ch in Gspot, but It doesn't seems minimally to the original; it's plate. The Original VOB audio in Gspot are 5Ch. I think I'm not able to do it? Some tips? Is possible to obtain an DIVX with multichannels audio? And Extract the only audio without Video(exract audio only with FFMPG AC3 gives error). Thanks

absoluteg
Beginner
Beginner

Post by absoluteg » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:40 am

I have found that the best method, so far, for getting AC3 Dolby Digital encoded is by doing the following:

1. Rip the DVD completely onto your computer.
2. Then you can for simplicity, create a single VOB file of just the movie. Or you could always do the individual ripped VOB's from the ripping and then join them.
3. Then open MediaCoder (i'm using 0.5.1 build 2550)
4. Select the VOB file(s) to encode.
5. Then click the Video Tab at the bottom and choose a fixed bit rate (2000), MEncoder, XviD, AVI.
6. Click the Audio Tab and choose Source: Waveform/PCM file, Encoder: Waveform/PCM, make sure to the right you have "waveform file" choosen (smaller end file size) leave the rest as default.
7. Then start the encoding.

I have found the following: a 1GB VOB file with these settings will generally yield about 400mb files. Audio is pure Dolby Digital 5.1.

I know there are other settings that can yield better compression. I'm still working on these...I'm looking for guides but there aren't many for this program.

The method you discussed only yields 2 channel AC3 digital sound. After reviewing, i think someone is working on getting surround to work with this but haven't yet.

Good luck and enjoy!!