HOW TO: Rip Blu Rays to 720p DivX's or H.264's

Share with other users your experience in using MediaCoder.
Freezest
Beginner
Beginner

Re: HOW TO: Rip Blu Rays to 720p DivX's or H.264's

Post by Freezest » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi !

I followed exactly your steps HERE but it didn't work.
Is there anything wrong in my way to make ?

Thanks in advance for helping me :)

Best regards
Freezest

Krangath
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Krangath » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:17 am

Hey Freezest,

Interesting problem. I did come across something similar a little while back.
I couldn't XviD a movie. I could play the movie but not transcode it. I have been to
busy to play with it further and subsequent transcodes on other movies worked
fine. I was going to try re-ripping from Blu Ray which you no doubt have
tried already, then I was going to cheat a little and set the start time to 0mins
and the end time to 1min before the end of the movie, just in case the movie
had a corrupt end of file. Also I don't play with the MKV settings so if you have
changed them from the default, try setting them back to defaults and then transcode.
Let me know how you go.

Regards
Krangath

adailey87
Beginner
Beginner

Post by adailey87 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:03 am

I followed your guide to the letter with version 0.7.3.4616 x64 version. It will complete the whole process then give me an error message of "No File Outputted" and nothing will be in the directory I designated. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Krangath
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Krangath » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:13 am

Hey adailey87,

I have come across your problem before. It seems to be something to do with the source file and the way the audio is stored. The only work around I have found is to set MediaCoder to 'no audio'. Once the video has been processed use a program to extract the audio from the source and then use something like 'MKVToolnix' to merge the extracted audio into the processed video. You may need to play with the delay a bit, just check the lip sink. Most of the time the delay is usually +200ms through to -200ms. Also note that this problem is nothing to do with MediaCoder as I have tried a number of encoders with troubled sources and had varying degree's of failure. I have found the most problems seem to come from using MakeMKV has the ripping software. That program is still in beta and I would imagine that this problem with be fixed by release.

I hope to do a complete update to my guide as most people now don't need the processed movie to fit onto a DVD5 media. Until I get time to do an update, if you store your movies on a storage device of some sort follow these setting:

720p output movies, set video bitrate to 4800.
480p output movies, set video bitrate to 1200.

Hope this helps
Krangath

thekitehunter
Beginner
Beginner

Post by thekitehunter » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:19 pm

I'm using the latest 4703 and had the same problem. So, using Krangath's hint, I enabled video, and disabled audio - it worked, prducing a silent video. I then disabled video and enabled audio - it produced an mp3 file despite being set as 'copy audio' (I was expecting a 6-channel DTS as per original). So I changed the format from 'Copy Audio' to 'AC3' with autoselect Encoder and Source. It then produced an AC3 file (a third of the size of the mp3). 2-pass video crashed every time, but Variable bit rate was ok (setting 40 produced a reasonable copy, less than 1gb, 50 produced a great 1.6gb file). In the 'Container' tab I also ticked 'Remuxer' as 'MKVmerge' for no particular reason. This combination works producing H264 and 5.1 ACS in a Matroska file. Preset file below.
So I think the issue is perhaps a bug resulting from the incorrect output of mp3 file.

PRESET FILE:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MediaCoderPrefs><node key="overall.ui.optionTab">2</node><node key="overall.ui.param">1321,640,4,382</node><node key="overall.task.destdir">D:\</node><node key="overall.task.tempdir">D:\temp\</node><node key="overall.audio.channels">5.1 Channels</node><node key="overall.audio.autoEncoder">true</node><node key="overall.audio.format">AC3</node><node key="overall.audio.encoder">FFmpeg</node><node key="overall.video.mode">VBR</node><node key="overall.video.bitrate">5000</node><node key="overall.video.quality">40</node><node key="overall.container.format">Matroska</node><node key="overall.container.muxer">MKVMerge</node><node key="overall.container.remux">true</node><node key="overall.container.remuxer">1</node><node key="overall.playback.render">false</node><node key="videofilter.scale.enabled">true</node><node key="videofilter.scale.width">1280</node><node key="videofilter.scale.height">720</node></MediaCoderPrefs>

kaylawang
Beginner
Beginner

Post by kaylawang » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:06 pm

To rip and convert Blu-ray to DivX's or H.264's, Aunsoft Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate is the best choice. It rips and converts Blu-ray and DVD to many other formats including 720p DivX's or H.264's. You can adjust the resolution and bitrate by yourself according to your personal preference and your device supportable. What's more, the software is now in back to school big sale, you can get the software with 15% off now which is the lowest price till now.

RoscoeDevaul
Beginner
Beginner

Post by RoscoeDevaul » Mon May 29, 2017 7:36 pm

Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper is my favourite Blu-ray ripping software.Now it is upgraded to support GPU acceleration in the availability of NVIDIA CUDA graphics card.