MKV to MP4 subtitle problem

Share with other users your experience in using MediaCoder.
ruteniocosta
Beginner
Beginner

MKV to MP4 subtitle problem

Post by ruteniocosta » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 am

Hi, I'm a new member on this forum. I started to use mediacoder while ago just to convert some movies but now I've faced a problem: I have a MKV file with video, audio and a subtitle all attached and I want to convert to a MP4 file with the subtitle attached but until now I can't.

1. In the subtitles tab the field "font' remains empty and no matter what renderer I choose fonts don't show.
2. The only renderer that works is VobSub but it dont scale fonts or change position, always same size and same location (and I dont use this because the subtitle are too small)
3. I've download a sub and changed to match the video file name but still get the same problem..
4. Enconding and Language are set.

I don't know what to do.. please help me!
Sorry for bad english

angleblue63
Beginner
Beginner

Re: MKV to MP4 subtitle problem

Post by angleblue63 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:28 pm

I guarantee you that with enough patience and trials with different settings (as outlined above) you will sooner or later get MediaCoder to work (provided you don't want to perform too exotic things and provided that the codecs themselves allow what you want to do, as MediaCoder is essentially a front-end).
"Hafiz 15"

olioest
Beginner
Beginner

Post by olioest » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:12 am

Hi there,
angelblue,
is it really so that the most wanted switched formats can be done in anyway after such a time?
It would be best, 'cause I have my problems too. I just can't cconvert any films in avi or mkv in any other.
Nothing could been done gainst my efforts...
Any suggestions?

shizzlenizzle
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shizzlenizzle » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:25 am

Follow instructions here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13374

hnoor77
Beginner
Beginner

Post by hnoor77 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:33 pm

The only renderer that works is VobSub but it dont scale fonts or change position, always same size and same location (and I dont use this because the subtitle are too small)
NOOR

lakkestone
Beginner
Beginner

Post by lakkestone » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:40 pm

Reeinstall the K-Lite and set the DirectShowSource for Haali to MP4 and MKV files. It works for me!

zedar1
Beginner
Beginner

Post by zedar1 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:59 am

Hi, I've been having the same problem. The solution is quite easy.

1: While on the subtitle tab of MediaCoder click on the Mode button. ( This opens the coder settings page on the correct tab.)
2: In the subtitle font file field enter your desired font. ( Dont forget to save these alterations after you've entered them)
3: In the subtitle position field enter your desired position. 0= Top 100= Bottom
That should be all there is to it.

Hope this helps. :)