Note: Since not all presets will work with all versions, make sure to use a preset compatible with your version of MediaCoder or edit it. The most current presets are at the end of this list.
(For more detailed information on using "Presets", see this: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8131)
What is a preset?
A preset is a copy of your MediaCoder settings for a conversion. They can be saved by clicking "File" and then selecting "Save As Preset". A saved preset can then be loaded into MediaCoder. This a a great way to save a particular setup.
Posting a preset
A preset is in the form of an XML file. You must change the extension from XML to TXT, then you can edit, copy and paste the file as you would text into a post.
When posting a preset, please post them as a reply to this topic. Include some basic information such as:
1. What the preset is for. What it converts from and to?
2. Version/Build of MediaCoder.
This information is vital to correct operation, presets without this may be edited or deleted. See my example
Using a posted preset
Copy and paste the preset code to a location on your computer as a text (TXT) file. To do this:
1. Click, drag and highlight the preset code only.
2. Right click on the highlighted preset code and select "Copy"
3. Using Windows, find and start "Notepad" (or another text editor)
4. Using Notepad, right click in the empty box and select "Paste"
5. Using Notepad, click on "File" and select "Save As"
6. Note the location you'll be saving to and type in a name
7. Locate the saved preset TXT file on your computer and change the extension from TXT to XML.
8. Start MediaCoder and then click "File" and select "Revert All Settings"
9. Load the preset.xml file into MediaCoder by clicking on "File" and selecting "Load Preset"
10. Then, navigate to the location you saved the preset, and double click it.
Loading a preset may alter your "Output" and "Working" folders, so you may have to reset those.
Depending on the version of MediaCoder, some presets may not be totally compatible. You may be able to add the following line for compatibility:
<node key="overall.audio.autoEncoder" value="false"/>
Keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste:
CTRL+C same as mouse right click copy
CTRL+V same as mouse right click paste