No File Outputted

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

xkevin
Beginner
Beginner

No File Outputted

Post by xkevin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:00 am

Whenever I try to convert something, it makes it to 100% without an error but then I get a box that says, "No File Outputted". No error codes or anything to that effect. The file seems to be written to the HD because you can see it while its converting but when its finished, its deleted.

xkevin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by xkevin » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:27 am

Its an avi, I can get more details later. I'm trying to convert it to a wmv using the Zune extension. For kicks, I tried converting the file to an MP4 and it worked, so I'm guessing there is a problem with it converting to WMV.

Spit_MkI
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Spit_MkI » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:11 am

Same problem. I'm converting from wmv to avi. Job done, but output file disappeared

Spit_MkI
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Spit_MkI » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:42 am

New discovery :) Old file disappear when I start to convert new one.

toykilla
Beginner
Beginner

Post by toykilla » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:58 am

I have the same problem. Trying to convert from FLAC to MP3. It converts the file, but when it goes to the second file the first one is erased even though it has a different file name.

ElectroFox
Beginner
Beginner

Please Read:

Post by ElectroFox » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:32 pm

I've just run into the same problem.
Trying to convert an avi to wmv, and a vob to wmv, and asf to wmv. It worked fine on the mpg i transcoded to wmv.
The outputted log file shows nothing. The process gets to %100, and then deletes the 0kb output file (and i'm guessing the temp output file), and pops a message saying "No file is outputed."
Here's the mediacoder.log file output:

Code: Select all

[HTTPd] Attempting to start built-in HTTPd on port 19819
[HTTPd] Built-in HTTPd started on port 19819
Scanning plugins
Initialized
Start transcoding job for D:\Documents and Settings\Max\My Documents\My Videos\hello_oly.mpg
Windows Media Encoder unloaded
Finished transcoding job for D:\Documents and Settings\Max\My Documents\My Videos\hello_oly.mpg
Finished transcoding job for D:\Documents and Settings\Max\My Documents\My Videos\hello_oly.mpg
Start transcoding job for D:\Documents and Settings\Max\My Documents\My Videos\THX.VOB
Windows Media Encoder unloaded
Finished transcoding job for D:\Documents and Settings\Max\My Documents\My Videos\THX.VOB
Finished transcoding job for D:\Documents and Settings\Max\My Documents\My Videos\THX.VOB
[httpd] Built-in HTTPd stopped
No sign of error after the successful, or the unsuccessful transcodes.
Any help would be appreciated.
-m

EDIT: It seems that any format I try to convert to WMV fails. I even installed Windows Media Encoder 9, and told MC to use that, but still had the "No file outputed" problem.
Last edited by ElectroFox on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
code, debug, debug, debug...

whiteatom
Beginner
Beginner

Post by whiteatom » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:23 am

same problems.. converting mp4 to wmv. Process the entire file and then says "No file is outputed". The file converts (i see it working) then it deletes the output file and spits out the error..... I've had this every time I try and use this software. Thoughts?

gonwk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gonwk » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:53 am

Hi folks, :D

I am trying to convert a "WMV" file to "AVI" using XviD ... and it won't even get going. As soon as I push Start ... I get a Pop-Up ERROR "File is Not Outputted". :evil: :(

Q: What the heck is wrong with MediaCoder? :cry:

Thanks,

G! :)

empineri
Beginner
Beginner

Post by empineri » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:25 pm

hi everyone, i'm quite new to mediacoder, but infact it is a great program with fantastic features. i encountered the same error message NO FILE OUTPUTED while trying to convert a flv to wmv. i've gone thru msgs in the forum and i didnt get an solution so i think the developer(stanley) and other administrators needs to look into this issue. beside in a reply in the forum he said he was able to use it to convert a mp4 file to wmv, using windows media container, i couldnt find a window media container in mine (could it be ASF container).

please help to resolve this issue becos wmv is a universal format for windows media player. cheers

Shoey Peachew
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Shoey Peachew » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:35 am

I registered to say I also have this problem. I tried converting .vob to .wmv and I get no file was outputted.