Proper Tagger

Bug report and feature request
Biont
Amateur
Amateur

Proper Tagger

Post by Biont » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:58 am

Stanley, remember a long time ago I've talked about MediaCoder not transferring my Russian tags properly? I've recommended to use Tag for tagging. Well, that is still my request, cause all non-latin characters get screwed during tag transfer. And Tag does a very good job transferring unicode.

Also Ogg to Ape failed, telling me that MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: demux_open2.

And here's another thing: I got iTunes v6.0.4.2 and I'm trying to convert a bunch of mpc files to m4a... MediaCoder doesn't do it for me. It seems to do something but the output is just 50kb unplayable m4a's. So, what should do the trick?

P.S. There's a great frontend for Tag called Tagger. It gives you a good idea of the variety of things Tag is able to perform. And it has a cool function of it's own: you can add a whole untagged album, it will calculate this album's ID and search Freedb for a match. Once it is found, it will tag all the files in the album.

itspete
Modest
Modest

Re: Proper Tagger

Post by itspete » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:34 am

Biont wrote:Stanley, remember a long time ago I've talked about MediaCoder not transferring my Russian tags properly? I've recommended to use Tag for tagging. Well, that is still my request, cause all non-latin characters get screwed during tag transfer. And Tag does a very good job transferring unicode.

Also Ogg to Ape failed, telling me that MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: demux_open2.

And here's another thing: I got iTunes v6.0.4.2 and I'm trying to convert a bunch of mpc files to m4a... MediaCoder doesn't do it for me. It seems to do something but the output is just 50kb unplayable m4a's. So, what should do the trick?

P.S. There's a great frontend for Tag called Tagger. It gives you a good idea of the variety of things Tag is able to perform. And it has a cool function of it's own: you can add a whole untagged album, it will calculate this album's ID and search Freedb for a match. Once it is found, it will tag all the files in the album.
Hi.
The last link is not allowed as the server is 'shared'.
If you could get a link to that person's site, the better.
Regards
Charles

Biont
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Biont » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:56 am

itspete
Modest
Modest

Post by itspete » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:38 am

Biont wrote:Tagger download area: http://www.boereck.de/tagger/download.html
Hi. tried all the links on that site. No such thing.
Charles

Biont
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Biont » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:27 pm

Alright, I've uploaded Tagger v2.1 Beta here: Tagger.zip (600 kb)

By the way, OggEnc Lancer 20060616 is available!

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:57 pm

I will update. Thanks!