Difference between donate version and premium

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

spikemixture
Amateur
Amateur

Difference between donate version and premium

Post by spikemixture » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:40 pm

I thought I posted this but cannot find it.

Firstly I have donated for the lifetime updates as I like the program.
But I cannot find the manual! Is there one?

What I wish to do is have an automatic search say twice a day a particular folder. This folder will have my media and therefore have several subfolder levels.
eg. V:\video\movies\ABCD(2016)\abcd(2016).mkv

I want to search V:\video for any mkv files and copy(or convert) to mp4.
Ideally I would like files under 1gb to copy and files over 1gb to be converted down to 1gb or similar!

I am willing to upgrade to the premium version if it does what I explained above..

Can this be done?

thanks
Spike

flagpole
Modest
Modest

Re: Difference between donate version and premium

Post by flagpole » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:05 pm

I think the thing you are after is called a 'watch folder'

But i would also like to know more about the donate version.
my quant puzzles http://puzzles.nigelcoldwell.co.uk go look :)

spikemixture
Amateur
Amateur

Post by spikemixture » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:53 pm

flagpole wrote:I think the thing you are after is called a 'watch folder'

But i would also like to know more about the donate version.

I have the donate version and have received no answers from the developer.

No Manual, or answers about manual, no answer to my questions.

I suggest don't pay/donate anything for this product.

spikemixture
Amateur
Amateur

Post by spikemixture » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Is there a MANUAL?

spikemixture
Amateur
Amateur

Post by spikemixture » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:28 pm

Does the developer read anything here :(

spikemixture
Amateur
Amateur

Post by spikemixture » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:53 pm

Well I have found out there is NO manual.

From my understanding the developer is too busy? or lazy to bother about supporting the product.

Yep I'm the stupid one donating to the developer....

Kuno
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kuno » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:57 am

Stanley used to be very active on these forums, but the last few months he has kinda disappeared. I wonder if it is because of the bitching and moaning that constantly goes on in here from new users who have no idea on what they are doing. Yes most of the program is point and click, but some things require a brain/knowledge.

I hope Stanley comes back, and that this doesn't turn out like so many other awesome programs that the author got frustrated with the userbase being assholes.

Rophe
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Rophe » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:31 am

To be honest, mediacoder is not regarded as "awesome" by the video community amongst video transcoding GUIs.

For starters, the others (Hybrid, staxrip, handbrake, A's converter etc) are free. As in truly free, no ridiculous arbitrary limitations like 50 files or forcing the user to complete math etc. I'm ignoring other payware transcoders that do largely the same thing, wrap ffmpeg etc and try to charge money / take all the credit.

No nagware, borderline malware advertising. Forcing constant web browser visits to ad-filled pages. They don't phone home after each task, nor beg in their users faces for donations constantly. They don't sell insultingly over-priced "premium" versions either.

Others (Such as A's, Staxrip, soon handbrake) don't ignore huge parts of the market (AMD) for encoding either. Any AMD GPU since late 2011 has a hardware video encoder included, Stanley pretends it does not exist. An easy to use SDK is provided by AMD - open source too, stanley loves taking open source work and using it in his projects. A hobby developer created a video encoding plugin for OBS Studio using AMD's encoder in a few days, as an example of how easy it is. In Stanley's world, only intel and nvidia exist.

The "premium" nonsense is the most ridiculous thing I think, since Stanley has not done the work that we're actually after. The incredible work is the work of the developers of FFMpeg, x264, x265, nero digital, matroska project, mediainfo project and so on. Stanley simply takes these peoples' work and puts his interface in front of them, while begging for obscene amounts of money. MediaCoder's long-featured on ffmpeg's hall of shame for stanley's license infringement.