NVENC audio sync issue

Discussing about advanced video encoding techniques including GPU encoding, distributive encoding and segmental encoding. Topics are not limited to MediaCoder.
jimbodjango
Beginner
Beginner

NVENC audio sync issue

Post by jimbodjango » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:02 am

Just getting t grips with this app, very impressed with the GPU encoding with NVENC, incredible speed! Incredible work! But I have a small problem....

I'm ripping bluray files using MakeMKV and transcoding that with using NVENC to H.265 (I have a 980Ti). I want to preserve the DTS Surround audio. I haven't yet figured out a good combination to use (any setting causes MediaCoder halt doing nothing, and have to force quit), so I'm simply passing it through using the [Audio > Copy Audio] (I presume thats just another way to say pass-through). I then in the [Sound] tab select [Original], because I don't want to down sample to Stereo.

The problem then is the vid/audio goes out of sync. I discovered the reason for this is that when I change the audio settings, the video is churned out at 23fps exactly. Explaining the sync issue. If I leave the audio settings alone and let it downsample to Stereo, the video is 23.975fps.

I can't explain the link between the audio causing a change in framerate. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Many thanks!