Discussion about AudioCoder
strangemedia
Beginner
Beginner

Help with converting .jrc files

Post by strangemedia » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:33 am

Hello friends,

I hope this finds you very well.

My wife is a Chinese national. When she left China to come to America she was given a small audio device with hundreds if not thousands of audio files that she can listen to through this device. It is very very simple with only a very small LCD display and extremely limited ability to navigate through the vast amount of audio on the device. It has an integrated speaker and a head phone jack. It's actually quite the device but it is a bear for her to manage what she is listening to: there are no names for the files, only numbers. The files are Chinese Christan teaching and music. She loves it very much but, again, it is hard for her to actually use it with any ease.

I broke into the device and found that all the data was stored on an SD card. My thought was they were MP3s and I'd just off load them to something with more usability. But alas, these files are in a format I've never seen: .JRC

I've downloaded MediaCoder and attempted to convert. The program crashes.

Is there any information that anyone might have about this kind of audio file/format and/or how to convert them to mp3?

I would be very thankful if there was some help. It would make my wife happy too.

Thank you to anyone with any information at all.

Strange Media

JoeM
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Help with converting .jrc files

Post by JoeM » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:59 pm

Have you tried using the MediaInfo program

or in Mediacoder ... "Details of selected file" from the Item menu

to get a report of the internal format of the file?

Joe.