Is there a way to insert a watermark (logo)? [solved]

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Luisppk
Amateur
Amateur

Is there a way to insert a watermark (logo)? [solved]

Post by Luisppk » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:59 am

Hi, i walk through the forum and only found how to delete a logo.(With avysinth)

I wanna know if there's a way to 'insert' a logo in the upper right corner... maybe with the same avisynth.

Could u tell me pls? I really don't work with Avisynth and actually never needed. A 'guide for dummies' would be really appreciated.

L.
Last edited by Luisppk on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Re: Is there a way to insert a watermark (logo)?

Post by meRobs » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Suggest you do a search on this forum.
Then, you may find suggestions like: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7892&p=24167&hilit ... ark#p24167 and the comment that, currently, watermarks are not directly supported by MediaCoder other than via Suntitles.
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

Luisppk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Luisppk » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:14 am

All right, thks.

I went to the link.
Then... to the one inside that post.
I saw this problem got a long way ago... (long... long...)
Still no solution. :(

Ok, dont worry. i'll find a way by myself.(i always do)

L.

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Post by meRobs » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:22 am

When you find a way of adding a watermark, please let the rest of us know!
Maybe another search on the forum will reveal what others had found?
Thanks
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

Luisppk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Luisppk » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm pretty sure that the way i could find, probably won't involve mediacoder. (Many try for more than a year)

If it's ok... I don't mind sharing.

L.

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Post by meRobs » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Thanks, please do!

Luisppk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Luisppk » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:46 am

meRobs wrote:When you find a way of adding a watermark, please let the rest of us know!
Maybe another search on the forum will reveal what others had found?
Thanks
Well... I'm back! :)

I found a way.. and as I said, it didn't involves mediacoder.... sorry.

Special note:
I ALWAYS hate avisynth... 'cause i think was worthless losing my time on it, since we all have free programs designed to give us an easy life of video converting.
But...
I can't believe it myself... now i'm here, introducing you,
GUARANTEE RESULTS. And working with avisynth...
By the way... I just learn this method, reading and searching the internet for answers. I'm not really an expert, but I made some tests and got great results.
You must follow the instructions in order, and remember i'm giving free this pack of information. If someone could improve it... great! maybe I learn it too.
I'll try to keep it simple, but anyway...
You need some video convert experience after all!

One last thing...
I really, really hate Windows Vista... and... Windows 7 is still in diapers because of the lack of codecs, and maybe because of virtualdubmod. (little old)
So... all in here, is made to work in good old Windows Xp SP3.
Don't blame me if you fail doing otherwise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to convert [mkv/mp4] to [avi/mkv] with ***subs (full effects) and logo. Resize/crop/colors available too.

List of requirements:
- Virtualdubmod
- vsfilter/vobsub 2.23 (preferibly better)
- avisynth
- full codecs (all you wanna convert) ... mkv, mp4, x264, h264, xvid, divx, aac, mp3(radium recommended)...etc.
This maybe simple by a pack of codeccs and/or ffdshow.

Installing.
1. Install the codecs in the pc. If you already do that, be sure there are all the ones you're gonna need.
2. Install virtualdubmod (VDM) ( preferibly in c:\ )
3. Install in... c:\virtualdubmod\plugins
...3a. All the plugins you find in the internet 'made for VDM'... that means .vdf files (Video for windows). The .dll didn't work. In this case, you need to copy here and also rename vsfilter.dll ---> vsfilter.vdf (this is a must, for ***subs)
...3b. Install vobsub ...activate the options for vdub and tell where it is (c:\virtualdubmod)
...3c. Install avysinth.

Thats it.
Note 01: thinking about the hard time you're gonna live searching up and down the internet... here is a link with the VDM ready and with codecs, all in one rar, ready to unpack and use. -> http://www.mediafire.com/?ueu03ttug4pg7h6

.......BUT YOU STILL NEED TO INSTALL CODECS!!!

I STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO UNPACK IT IN C:\ ....The instructions inside, are given using it as fact. Reinitializing the pc after installing is also good advice.

At least, use this way until you got some experience and then... go by yourself. (Don't come back asking!)
Note 02: Inside the VDM rar, are instructions. Although I don't remember if it is in spanish.... oops! (i do it for my friends here)
But, since there are mainly about where to store the files, i think it can't be really a problem.
Anyway... 'leeme' -> 'readme' (there are 2... read both)

Getting to work:

I. Inside the virtualdubmod.rar is the full structure of the directory as which we are gonna use it. It will help me to give some directions, so i'll do everything, thinking this as fact.
In 'c:\virtualdubmod\trabajos' We are gonna store our files (video,audio and subs)
In 'c:\virtualdubmod\script' We are storing the files (.avs) that make this hole thing work. I put there the first one you're using... 'proceso MKVxASS to AVI.avs' -> it is a script file and is use it by avisynth to replace the video, audio and subs you wanna process.

Here I show what its written inside. You can open it with the windows notepad. Also you can create others by saving them all with '.avs'

Note: All the '.***' you find from now on... is because Advance Sub Station initials are considered offensive... ¿? ...just put the real one in your script. :(

1... Calls vsfilter.dll plugin in "C:\virtualdubmod" to give us access to work with subs (*** or others)
2... Here is where you put the name of your video, instead of "C:\virtualdubmod\trabajo\*.mkv" ___(maybe just fill the name in place of * )
3... Here is the first sub (maybe a karaoke) "C:\virtualdubmod\trabajo\*.***" ___As above, you have to replace the real name with *
4... Here is the 2nd sub. "C:\virtualdubmod\trabajo\*.***" ____this way, you can add all the subs down.

This script can do the 'Magic' of converting your mkv/mp4 videos to avi.
About the logo issue... that is VDM's job.

In case you wanna make full Video+audio (h264+aac) convertion to (xvdi/divx+mp3), only have to change one line (2) to ensure good results. ↓ Here it is ↓

DirectShowSource("C:\virtualdubmod\trabajo\*.mkv, fps=23.976, audio=true)

...Fps can be: 25, 29.97, etc. The one in your file. Not recommended to change it. Can lead to desynchronize A/V. (I'll do it :P)

II. Open VMD.
III. Pick the 'proceso MKVxASS to AVI.avs' file (with all filenames ready) and drop it on VDM... Magic!!! Your video appears in both screens!
Why? ....because you put all names and directories right.
VDM thinks the lines you insert, is the real video, so now you are working with this as fact. Don't need to remember or worry about it anymore. Just forget it.
IV. By now you send the video, audio and subtitles to process. Now what?
open vmod menu option... video/filters and since we need to use 'filters', first we mark 'full processing mode'. Then, inside 'filters' press the 'add' button, on the next menu-list.
Search in the list for the 'Logo' plugin. Once you find it, call it to give the parameters you want for your logo.
Name, position, etc... In the window... you can also have a 'preview'. Use it to make sure it is as you wish.
accept all changes and get out.
Note: Inside 'filters' you can change all what you want in the video. Size, color, etc. jsut do it in the right order, and dont forget you already send the subs in the script, so it is no need to do it again. You can place it here, (using texsub) only if it is not written in a script. You are free to prove it, but I found that is better in the script.
V. If you're not gonna use any 'filters' (no logo, no resize,no etc) maybe 'cause you manage to send directly by script (someday in the future)... you can just press 'fast recompres' instead of 'full processing mode'. (Saves processing time)
VI. Now is time to compress the video...
Video/Compression... select on the left list Xvid, and press the configure button.
Inthe next window, you give the parameters you want for your video. Also included if it ois gonna be 2pass or 1pass.
For starters I recommend 1pass. Dont get into trouble with 2pass, unless you previously know how to work it.
Once finished, press ok and get out video/compression...
VII.Now is time for the audio...
Streams/streams list... right click on the file in the window menu at your left.
Choose 'full processing mode'... again right click, and then select 'compression'.
In this new window, you see again a list of codecs (audio). Select 'Mpeg layer-3'.
On the right window, there is a list with all the qualities we can select . If by any case you dont see above 128kb, 48000 hz stereo... that means you don't install correctly the mp3 codec. (Do it again :( )
Otherwise... just select the one you want and press 'ok'.
Right click again and now select 'conversion'. If you want your mp3 to be 'Joint stereo'... mark here the 'high quality' option. Thats all.
There is another option for increasing the volume.... I leave that to you.

READY!!

ALL SYSTEMS TO GO!!!
....unless you 'oops' somewhere...

Saving the work.

Select File/Save as...
Fill the name of the file to save. No need to put avi. VDM saves as avi, unless you instruct it to do as mkv or ogm.
Press ok... and wait.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a test I do with the opening of 'B gata H Kei'... include subs, resize(letterbox), and logo. I also decrease its Bluray qualities just to prove it. (not recommended)

Here is my script:

I made VDM to... resize (letterbox), convert to xvid+mp3, and add a logo (right up corner)
All in one send, and the process lasts (for a 1:30 minute video) aprox. 6 minutes.

Note: I try this same video with bluray 1920x1080, and works fine (whitout resizing) but it lasts nearly an hour doing the 2pass convertion. (about 41mb)

Here is my video (11mb): http://www.mediafire.com/?v7dtdsxw0dd4r2v

You can DD it. (Use it as example)

Also for the real lazy... i put here some captures. (sorry for the size, but here are no spoilers)

LAST NOTE: Anyone stupid enough to say ANYTHING about the quality in this captures, deserves what i'm gonna response. (above 18+ ...nearly 60 or even more)
I repeat what is written above:
" Here is a test I do with the opening of 'B gata H Kei'... include subs, resize(letterbox), and logo. I also decrease its Bluray qualities just to prove it. (not recommended) "
This manual I'll do by myself searching up and down the internet about 5 days. That includes the time to write this.
By the way... my mother language is spanish. Sorry for some 'glitches'. Really don't have many people here to practice.

I'm in facebook, and mostly in Mcanime. Just search for 'Luisppk' or google it.

Greetins to all and good luck with your videos! :)

L.
Last edited by Luisppk on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

Luisppk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Luisppk » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:28 pm

No problem at all... :)

My first intention was to 'spread the word', that will do.
I feel really sorry for those who where left behind in this problem over a year now. (Kawai so!) <-Japanese

Don't know if they finally found a way to work it out, or they just simply sigh in sorrow...
I'm not like them, and when I find a way to solve a problem, I try to let everyone know about it.

Now, maybe I publish myself something in spanish for my friends here. (I think is very funny its in english first)

Took me 4 days of hard work, but finally.... I'm doing my videos fine!! ^_^

Greetins to all...

L.
PD. I made a last 'coiffure' to the manual. Hope it looks less... mmm... unorganize.