Please fix... embeded MKV subtitle issue

Bug report and feature request
Gringo
Amateur
Amateur

Please fix... embeded MKV subtitle issue

Post by Gringo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:49 am

Hi,

MediaCoder 7.2 has come a long way, a great tool at a great price, and the program feature set is second to none.

Please solve the subtitle rendering issue when trans-coding MKV files containing embedded subtitle tracks. It is not possible (i think) to disable or select a sub track from the source file.

Thank you.

Gringo
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Please fix... embeded MKV subtitle issue

Post by Gringo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:30 am

I found a way to work around this using a MEncoder config file.

See the details here http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html

Apparently you can send a command to MEncoder that will add a time delay, or render a track that does not exist. Effectively disabling the sub titles.

I liked the track selection option... here is how you do it.

Create a text file named "mencoder.conf" and place it in your "C:\Program Files\MediaCoder-0.7.2.4522\codecs\mplayer" folder.

Edit the mencoder.conf file and add this line "sid=31" to select sub title track 31 (which hopefully does not exist in your MKV video)

Alternately you can delay the subtitle rendering with "subdelay=9000" which will delay the subs for 9000 seconds... the idea being the delay is longer than the video.

Each method is working for me, however I think the SID=31 is a bit more elegant.

It would be nice if mediacoder could manage these commands for us.

Thanks to the MC team for all the hard work.

maisonneuve
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Please fix... embeded MKV subtitle issue

Post by maisonneuve » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:45 am

Thank you very much for this tutorial for Mencoder. This solved my subtitles problem right away.
(MediaCoder 0.7.3.4612, 3 .MKV files with 2 embedded chinese subtitle tracks)
Gilles