Question about: 'Do not show this page on next startup'

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Devilly
Beginner
Beginner

Question about: 'Do not show this page on next startup'

Post by Devilly » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:47 am

When I start MediaCoder the website shows up with the text 'Do not show this page on next startup', so I click on the box in front of it, because I've seen the site often enough, I think. But then, on the next startup, the same site shows up. What's with that?

And one more question while I'm at it: am I the only one who is getting the error-message which has to be clicked 'Ok' to start MediaCoder? Because that thing is just as annoying as the site.

Just to let you know: I 'hate' (don't take it too serious!) those two things, but the rest of the program I've seen so far looks very good. :wink:

Devilly
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Devilly » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:17 am

Thanks for the fast response! There's just a little problem. If I try to open the Settings-window (with the button in the front screen or by File -> Settings) nothing shows up. Any idea as to how and why?

Devilly
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Devilly » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:38 pm

Yes, I'm using the Vista + Firefox 3.0 combination. But it also didn't work when IE was my main browser. Or is it just that if Firefox is on the system, it doesn't work correctly? Too bad, I don't want to get back to IE again, so I guess it's the end of the line here. I'll use it as much as possible and hopefully this thing will be fixed.

Thanks a lot for your help!

aaa3
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Question about: 'Do not show this page on next startup'

Post by aaa3 » Fri May 29, 2009 8:26 am

mixer wrote:Click on "Settings" then navigate to: Overall/User Interface and then highlight "Do Not Show Welcome Screen" and enter the version/build number of MediaCoder you are using into the box in the lower left corner and click "Apply". Close all windows and restart MediaCoder.
ok i have xp sp3, 0.7.0.4385, and it didn't work at me, entered the build number, and then the full version number (with build) (after obviously, trying entering "1") in "do not show..." in file/settings/general/ui after started the program. yes i clicked apply; and next time opening the entered value was there, so...

susanspy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by susanspy » Fri May 29, 2009 10:53 pm

hello all,

i am confused about the Question about: 'Do not show this page on next startup so anyone please explain me same :oops:

thanks alott

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

encroder
Modest
Modest

Post by encroder » Sat May 30, 2009 5:52 am

Using xulruner it still shows when run mediacoder :sad:

Placio74
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Placio74 » Sat May 30, 2009 8:16 am

Which MediaCoder build?
If with Do not show this page on next startup does not work, ... edit prefs.xml file and add - <node key="overall.ui.noWelcome" value="4399"/>
VideoAudio.pl - Serwis o technologii wideo & audio