4275 is nothing but problems (stuck in skin mode)

Bug report and feature request
seboyd2000
Amateur
Amateur

4275 is nothing but problems (stuck in skin mode)

Post by seboyd2000 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:34 am

First thing is I love this media coder, but recently everything is falling apart. (I cant get out of the skin mode - it locks up everytime I try, cant get out of h264 setting, audio is coming out in slow motion).

---

I installed the newest version 4275 on winXP SP3 (fully updated) and went about checking the new changes.

1st thing i did was I changed to the skin mode and the problems began... I cannot get it to come back to the normal view mode. when I choose this option (Normal View) in the menu the program just locks up and sends an ERROR report out to microsoft everytime. I've un-installed/re-installed this version 3 times & still no changes... So I thought maybe if I uninstall this version and install an older version that I could reset it, but thats a no go.

Next, no matter what file I load... that files details display in the window properly and it says READY in the line for each file selection... but that never changes when coding begins... it always says READY.

Next if I try to stop or select STOP encoding.. it never stops the coding process. I've waited for 10 minutes for it to reconize that I pushed the STOP coding... but no notifications ever come up in the screen. So I close the program and all of its icons disappear... like it has closed, but it is still running and encoding in the background.. the file size keep growing in size, but now I have no form of this application in the monitors window or an icon in the tackbar... NOTHING! I have to use (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) to open the Windows Task Manager... to find the application PROCESS... to be able to stop the mediacoder appl from running.

----

I loaded a video file that was recorded using Pinnacle PCTV and it was an MPEG file about 5GB in size. I loaded it and used the MC default settings and let it run and went to bed. The next morning I get up and the file has finished processing... so I check it out and the picture size and image is great, but the LAME MP3 default setting has caused the audio it run like its in slow motion... so that whole process was a waste of my time...

there are more problems in this version, but the above problems need to be fixed before I will list any more of them.

For now I am going back to a previous version, either:

MediaCoder-0.6.1.4045 or MediaCoder-0.6.1.4130

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:01 am

Sorry, but skin mode is no longer maintained and is likely to be removed. I think your problems can be avoid if you don't enter skin mode.
When things work together, things work.

seboyd2000
Amateur
Amateur

Post by seboyd2000 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:59 am

stanley wrote:Sorry, but skin mode is no longer maintained and is likely to be removed. I think your problems can be avoid if you don't enter skin mode.
FYI: I understand, but that does me no good if I am now locked into the skin mode - it wont let me out, it locks up when I try to get out of the skin mode..

seboyd2000
Amateur
Amateur

Post by seboyd2000 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:04 pm

yes... and I tried this numerous times...

I also re-installed earlier versions and they did the initial start up in the NORMAL mode

but this newest version would always come up in the skin mode after every re-install

seboyd2000
Amateur
Amateur

Post by seboyd2000 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:48 pm

I uninstalled that version for good, when I started this post & re-installed an older version for now...

I really dont want to go through all that reloading right now,
I'm kinda busy with work..

thanks for your help though :)