Out of Screen Bug - Really Frustrating

Bug report and feature request
unknown8888
Beginner
Beginner

Out of Screen Bug - Really Frustrating

Post by unknown8888 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:53 pm

after updating to latest version, when i click the Mediacoder program, it show up in my status bar and system tray but not in my screen. i tried right click -> move but my cursor only moves to the corner of the screen. somehow it appear but out of screen like -99999x -99999y axis. only show in my screen when i maximize it :x :x :x any idea how to fix this?

unknown8888
Beginner
Beginner

Post by unknown8888 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:16 pm

Browser:Firefox
Res: 1440x900

The mediaCoder appears beside my Start(start menu) but not in my screen. Right click ->move my cursor moves only to the edge of the screen. only showed up when maximize it.

unknown8888
Beginner
Beginner

Post by unknown8888 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:30 pm

Already tried to reinstall but got the same problem. I even delete the Folder from Program Files before reinstall again.

I try to find the INI file/config file in mediacoder folder but doesn't have it so i came up with other idea. since cursor won't be able to reach out of screen areas, i use right click -> move then use down+left arrow key until it appears to my screen. still wonder what cause this. often happen when i exit and reopen the program. never happen to all my other program except this though.

B!ink
Expert
Expert

Post by B!ink » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:42 pm

Stupid question unknown8888, is your computer setup with dual display?

unknown8888
Beginner
Beginner

Post by unknown8888 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:36 am

no, my computer is not dual display. Few year ago, there is also a program which cause also out of screen. I look over the config.ini and there is a part look like:

[Location]

axis x= -11753
axis y= -27531

i change it both 0,0 and everything back to normal. but in this case, i can't find where they put the location. i also look over all xml and ini but cant find it. maybe i should switch back to build 4235. This happen when i update it to build 4240.

zardoz
Amateur
Amateur

Post by zardoz » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:37 pm

This bug happens also to me if something like this gets done...

a) I double-click the icon of a (minimized to tray) Mediacoder
icon on the tray

and

b) before mediacoder shows up, press WINKEY+D to minimize all windows
or double-click the tray icon again.

Can also happen if you press WINKEY+D before step (a) and after step (b).

Somehow complicated but it happens , and the PREFS.XML contains
invalid [location] parameters.

Every time i edit the XML and correct the parameters :(

Could some sanity check for the AxisX/Y parameters be done before saving ?

chlettn
Beginner
Beginner

Post by chlettn » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:55 pm

Yes - I have that bug too, and up to now I had to work around it by reinstalling Mediacoder (which is pretty annoying because I lose all my custom encoding settings).

It happens when you activate MediaCoder by clicking on the taskbar icon and then somehow close the window again before it is fully openend (for example, by clicking on the taskbar icon again quickly, which is what accidentally happens quite often for me).

For some reason, MediaCoder then sets the position of the window to some weird setting (as mentioned above), and even editing that setting in the XUL settings handler did not solve that problem (hence the necessary reinstall).

A simple workaround for this issue would be to just check the window position settings every time the window is opened and correct weird positions to some default value...would be great if something like this could be implemented in a future release. Keep up the great work you're doing with MediaCoder! :)

Oh, and settings:
-Windows XP, SP2
-Firefox
-bug appeared with different resolutions - 1280x1024, 1280x800, 1024x600 (three different machines)

Mike-RaWare
Amateur
Amateur
Location: The greatest country in the world: The Netherlands!

Post by Mike-RaWare » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:41 pm

chlettn wrote:(which is pretty annoying because I lose all my custom encoding settings)
Never heard of presets?
I'm a PC and a human being, not a human doing, not a human thinking, a human being.

d4w751
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Out of Screen Bug - Really Frustrating

Post by d4w751 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:39 am

heres a hint to move windows you cant see. right click them on the task bar, choose move, then press a directional button (any one of them once) then use your mouse without clicking either mouse button to move the window, once you have it where you want it, click either left or right mouse button