Small list of requests

Bug report and feature request
Prodoc
Amateur
Amateur

Small list of requests

Post by Prodoc » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:46 am

Thank you for this nice program. I've got a few suggestions which I found missing while working with the program:

- Use 'Del' or 'Delete' key to remove items from queue instead of the 'Shift+Delete' combination.
- Option use the same input file more than once. When I add the same input file more than once in the queue the ouput file keep getting overwritten.
- Simplify the 'Settings' dialogue. Because of the huge amount of tabs and settings in a tree structure there's no overview at all anymore.
- Add iPod to the device list.
- Show audio encoder settings based on the selected encoder on the audio tab when on the audio tab. It's confusing and overkill to have both ways of selecting the audio ouput, not to mention the lack of overview again because of the amount of tabs.
- Option to extend the amount time positions to be able to transcode serveral sections from an input file into one file
- Or instead of, or in addition to, the previous suggestion an option to combine queue items to produce one output file
- Button to view the log file

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:02 pm

No so small. :lol:
I will consider them. Thank you.

VPA
Beginner
Beginner

Post by VPA » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:33 pm

I think adding an AIFF Input Filter would be another good idea. It would make converting my Garageband Songs to HE AAC a lot easier, as now I have to use another tool first for converting the aif files to wav.

everling
Amateur
Amateur

Post by everling » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:45 pm

Another three UI change request. ^_^
  • The two tabbed containers do not stretch horizontally when the window is resized or maximised.
  • It would also be nice to be able to adjust the height of all three tabbed containers.
  • The ability to 'remember' the changes we did to the window and tabbed containers size

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:38 pm

VPA wrote:I think adding an AIFF Input Filter would be another good idea. It would make converting my Garageband Songs to HE AAC a lot easier, as now I have to use another tool first for converting the aif files to wav.
If you know any CLI to do this, I can integrate it.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:40 pm

everling wrote:Another three UI change request. ^_^
  • The two tabbed containers do not stretch horizontally when the window is resized or maximised.
  • It would also be nice to be able to adjust the height of all three tabbed containers.
  • The ability to 'remember' the changes we did to the window and tabbed containers size
It will be difficult to resize the content in the tabs, as there will be so many things to move and resize. I use plain Win32 SDK to develop the UI, so that will just be too tough for me. If one day I can move everything to XUL (I'm always thinking of), things will be nice.

Mekaeler
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Small list of requests

Post by Mekaeler » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:26 pm

I think adding an AIFF Input Filter would be another good idea. It would make converting my Garageband Songs to HE AAC a lot easier, as now I have to use another tool first for converting the aif files to wav.