Audio Video Sync Issues

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Larva
Beginner
Beginner

Audio Video Sync Issues

Post by Larva » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:44 pm

I'm trying to convert a VOB (MPEG-2) to an H.264 codec in a mp4 container. However, I'm getting audio video sync issues in the converted file that doesn't exist in the original.

I'm using the following settings for audio:
Nero Encoder, LC-AAC, 128kbps

I'm using the following settings for video:
H.264, MP4, 768kbps

I'm using the following settings for picture:
320x240, Crop To Fit, 29.970 fps

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to try and correct the problem? Do I need to provide more info? Is there a some place I could go for a tutorial on my specific encoding needs?

I'm sorry if this post isn't up to par, but I'm new to this whole video conversion process and MediaCoder.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shlappy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shlappy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:07 pm

Some time ago I had a similar sync issue that, if I remember correctly, I resolved by converting my VOB to an Mpeg2 first. MediaCoder had no sync problem with the Mpeg2.

zimon
Beginner
Beginner

use -vf harddup with mencoder

Post by zimon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:37 am

With mencoder one should use
-vf harddup
when encoding and later muxing with a different program. (Google with "harddup" to read longer explanation.)

MediaCoder could automatically add that "-vf harddup" to the mencoder command string as it is often needed.

Also they recommend to try "-mc 0 -noskip" in the mencoder.

I had similar issue when using x264 backend. I don't know if there is a similar flag to be set for the x264 program, but at least MediaCoder is not supporting setting up custom flags like with mencoder it is.

Will try now to use ffmpeg then to encode this video:
(MPEG2).mpg -> (H.264 + VORBIS).mp4

And I am using dev. version 4060 currently. It has totally broken preset/loading+saving currently as I have reported in BUGs section.