Media Coder most amazing app ever!!!

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

KickAssAPP
Beginner
Beginner

Media Coder most amazing app ever!!!

Post by KickAssAPP » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to show my appreciation. I took me a wile but I finally found the ONE AND ONLY transcode/convert software. This is without a doubt the best software I ever come across. Sure photoshop is amazing to but in this category MediaCoder is undoubtedly a kick *** application.

I want to show all the newbies what's possible with this superb piece of software. And please note this is done on kinda default options for FFmpeg encoder due I don't know what all the setting do yet :P

This took about 89sec to transcode!!!

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Re: Media Coder most amazing app ever!!!

Post by meRobs » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:56 am

Assuming one frame capture is from the original file and the other is the converted, the only obvious difference is a slight difference in Hue.
This may be changed from the Picture tab.
Use the Effects button to open another window showing the file in action.
As you drag the Hue slider, its effect will be almost instantaneous (done in real time), and when happy hit the Apply button.
In your case a small value is all you need.
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

encroder
Modest
Modest

Post by encroder » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:10 am

Hope the one on the right is the mediacoder processed one. The color looks better than one on the left, more natural at least.

ladycoder
Expert
Expert

Post by ladycoder » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:25 am

Too bad RGB correction is still busted! :P

encroder
Modest
Modest

Post by encroder » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:06 pm

I use only gamma mainly if ever have to correct video colors RGB. Cannot tell if fixed atm, as effects picture not available. Maybe the effects picture not to be displayed, was intended for you not me ;)

ladycoder
Expert
Expert

Post by ladycoder » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Haven't looked at the changelog. The RGB gammas never worked, maybe they are fixed now...

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Post by meRobs » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Hope I am not out of line here, but if you have any issues/bugs or comments on gamma corrections, etc, please start a new thread!
They effectively amount to a Hijack of the intent for this thread -- a digression!
See the Forum Rules (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7809).
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

ladycoder
Expert
Expert

Post by ladycoder » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:23 pm

(No point in starting a third thread.)

Sorry, I do like MC for tons of things, especially batch work. Was just interested because the OP was altering the hue; some times changing one of the 3 can work as well. For instance decreasing red could work, the left side looks too warm.

encroder
Modest
Modest

Post by encroder » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:20 am

Assumed it was a graphic picture and for a quick fix, without installing photoshop it is a good result. Ok for those that take care of pictures its not correct, but for most it is ok. Such as a quick picture correction for posting on the web or other reason. Better than ms paint, if paint could ever do that. I like it, quick photo correction. Using 'kinda default settings (which are ?)'

KickAssApp what is the source, a picture or a video ?

KickAssAPP
Beginner
Beginner

Post by KickAssAPP » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:19 am

meRobs wrote:Assuming one frame capture is from the original file and the other is the converted, the only obvious difference is a slight difference in Hue.
This may be changed from the Picture tab.
Use the Effects button to open another window showing the file in action.
As you drag the Hue slider, its effect will be almost instantaneous (done in real time), and when happy hit the Apply button.
In your case a small value is all you need.
For your information its not the HUE witch is changed its Saturation and that's not all that is changed either. I used the denoiser (high quality 3D) deblocking and deringing witch you would have seen if you opened the full screenshot.

And why do you tell me how to change the HUE? its obvious that I have already done some work from the original. And if I would have changed teh HUE as you thought, why tell me how to change it?????

The only reason for this post was to show my appreciation for this amazing app. I just today compaired it to adobe media encoder or whats it called. And "MediaCoder" is slightly better.

The source is a video downloaded from youtube :) and this transcode was done almost at basic settings from the install. That was kinda my point. How good it got just using basic setting. And the screenshot png file and looks like it should :mrgreen: