FIXED - DOWNLOAD MIRROR LOCATIONS REQUIRED - FIXED

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

encroder
Modest
Modest

FIXED - DOWNLOAD MIRROR LOCATIONS REQUIRED - FIXED

Post by encroder » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:14 am

Don't use javascript when you browse the internet ?

As posted on this forum here viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6917

Edited Quote:

As an alternative, you can also download many original MediaCoder versions from:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder (a non-javascript site)

or

http://www.ohloh.net/p/mediacoder/packages

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DOWNLOAD MIRROR LOCATIONS REQUIRED - UNMODIFIED CLEAN FILES ONLY PLEASE - why ?

Well here's the thing not everyone uses there browser the same as stanley. Some know the security loopholesasociated with using javascript. Mediacoder has no download location that has the most the newest version releases and updates, that isn't javascripted.

Why doesn't mediacoder not put trust in some site that doesn't need javascript. Is there something more that Stanley isn't telling you all, and needs your javascript active to spy or grab info (whatever it is) from your computer. After all no firewall could ever stop him, if you use javascript and you connect to his sites.

So people pester Stanley to let you host the files, and make it a mirror site, that updates as soon as updates are released.

Stanley without fresh download locations mediacoder stands still, if no one can get any updates. Stands still for all the don't use or ever will use javascript.

btw. You have clearly shown for reason only know to you, that you dislike me. Ok i don't use javascript, i don't fit into your little world mind of must do this and that to get this. There's will be many that don't use javascript or ever let mediacoder have access to the net while in use. DOes that mean you hate them all the same as me for doing so.

Or is Mediacoder only for those that use javascript, everyone else get lost.

btw The web site still is shite, though you don't care you don't want me here to start with. Sorry yes one of the latest betas has at least 20 or so bugs some major. Ok i know you don't want me to fill up the bugs section with them (makes you unhappy) so i won't.

Still need accessable download locations for new mediacoder update and release files. Oh and please don't try to modify mediacoder home site, you tried that twice before or more and fail to do anything, every time miserably.

(Mixer don't reply if you still don't know what javascript is - don't take this heart) ;)
Last edited by encroder on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

encroder
Modest
Modest

Re: DOWNLOAD MIRROR LOCATIONS REQUIRED - UNMODIFIED CLEAN FILES

Post by encroder » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:39 am

Mixer your thinking only for youself again. Not everyone wants to use or will use javascript when browsing.

Clean files refers to if mirrored, would rasther have them unmodified by others. That is not saying mediacoder is bugged or other on release.

Simply let the people download mediacoder from non javascripted websites and download locations.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:32 pm

The key point of using JavaScript is to avoid external links to released files which will cause serious overload on my servers. I have no choice but make the limit.
By the way, I think most modern website requires JavaScript to work properly.
When things work together, things work.

encroder
Modest
Modest

Post by encroder » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am

Ok whenever i need a video tool i got to videohelp.com which always host the latest file versions. And that doesn't need javascript to download any file, or needed to browse the site. As seen below (url) , they carry and host the files from their own servers, no load to you.

Code: Select all

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder#download

Latest version:
0.7.3.4602 (February 14, 2010)

Download from mirror (direct link) (23.4MB)

http://www.videohelp.com/download/MediaCoder-x64-0.7.3.4602.exe

Stanley could you talk to videohelp.com, allow them to also host the smaller update releases. You could have them automatically sent to them on every update and major release versions.

Code: Select all

http://www.videohelp.com/contact

I know these urls look like javascript links, with having the hash #. But can say the whole site seems to be available for any non javascript browser. All files hosted there can be downloaded with non javascript enabled browser.

encroder
Modest
Modest

Post by encroder » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Thank you for doing this Stanley, have just downloaded the last two latest updates. Will add a notify to the site so know as and when further updates are available for downloading at videohelp.com.

Right, now to update mediacoder to latest version. Thanks again for doing this, it will help all of us having problems downloading files, while also will keep the strain of your servers for this. :)

AnonCrow
Modest
Modest

Re: FIXED - DOWNLOAD MIRROR LOCATIONS REQUIRED - FIXED

Post by AnonCrow » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:50 am

Videohelp already hosts the latests update (4606, search for the word update on the page)

After your first post in this thread, I checked a number of 3rd party mirrors.
Besides Videohelp, also Afterdawn, Softpedia , Majorgeeks , Betanews and Brothersoft have recent or relatively recent (4602 or 4605) builds, but none of them were bit-to-bit identical with the builds from the official Mediacoder-provided mirrors; even when comparing just individual .exe files, even though I checked that the build numbers were the same.

encroder
Modest
Modest

Post by encroder » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:43 am

Well let's put it this way, i'm sure if you prove to stanley, of any mirror site that hosts any medicoder files. That are not bit comparable to the original files, they will not be hosting them much longer.

For now videohelp.com should be all that is needed, well for me it is at least. I think a sticky could be a coming, if you sort out the bad mirror sites to the good ones, if any bad found. Then everyone wil have info to find easy what download locations are available. When they need mediacoder or an update, for whatever browser config used to download them (site dependant).

Forum [Sticky] details to add !

Mediacoder.com (javascript active site) (mediacoder home site)
Videohelp.com (non javascripted active site) (mirror site 100% original files)

maybe someone could fill in the rest and make a sticky of it for all.

encroder
Modest
Modest

Post by encroder » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Thanks Mixer 'didn't see it straight away, but at least it's there. Now everyone should be able to get mediacoder and updates, from mediacoder (home site) or videohelp.com (mirror site). At last it's fixed and working, long live mediacoder. :mrgreen:

Jess
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Jess » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:07 am

I don't even care about Javascript, but your servers are a huge problem. Server 2 is never reachable, Server 3 has 0-1 kb/s ander Server 1 up to 10-20 kb/s. Where are your servers located? Yinchuan? Golmud? Chengdu? You should provide at least one EU- and one US-mirror.

encroder
Modest
Modest

Post by encroder » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:19 pm

Will amend op :)