PS3 and h264

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

trefork
Beginner
Beginner

PS3 and h264

Post by trefork » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:09 am

Is this still not possible? I've tried several things, but at best I get audio and a black screen.

Mr. Hanky
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Mr. Hanky » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:59 am

I got it working once (not too long ago), but lately all I can get is just what you describe. The thing that previously made a difference for me is when I went into the settings/overall/containeroptions/track order and set it to audio first. Now, it seems the problem is somewhere else.

So I dunno what is going on with this, lately. I tell ya- every time I think I have finally got this thing (the magical settings) figured out, something changes and everything that made it work before is suddenly useless.
Whaddya mean no file has been output?

trefork
Beginner
Beginner

Post by trefork » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:17 pm

So the PS3 claims h264 support (which I'm inclined to believe), but no one can get it to work? What about the good folks coding MediaCoder? Surely they must test this stuff?
I'm surprised that no one in the entire world can get this to work. Maybe it is a PS3 problem?

Mr. Hanky
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Mr. Hanky » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:55 am

Oh, it does work, all right. It can be just a little tricky setting up mediacoder to make one that ps3 will read properly. I guess you can say the ps3 is quite finicky in that respect.

If you need proof of h264 working on ps3 (other than various br movies), you can download all kinds of video trailers through the psn store. Those are (all?) h264 (avc).
Whaddya mean no file has been output?

Robberson
Beginner
Beginner

Re: PS3 and h264

Post by Robberson » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:27 pm

How do I get my ps3 theme to go back to normal? Okay so I like the original black ps3 theme, but sometimes when I switch back to the original theme it turns green. Sometimes it goes back to normal black. How I get it to stay black?