Use of TAB key in the Time tab

Bug report and feature request
ratus69
Beginner
Beginner

Use of TAB key in the Time tab

Post by ratus69 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Hi,

Well I'm always using the time tab to enter the beginning and end of the part of the file I want to transcode
And it will be nice to have the possibility to jump from one box (hours, minutes, seconds...) to an other with the TAB key (as used usually in several windows programs)
Doesn't appear to be very complicated but it would be nice to get it

Thanks

fingershop
Amateur
Amateur

easier time entry

Post by fingershop » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:51 am

On the Time tab, there are the 8 fields used to enter start and stop position times.

Please add "tab key" support to all these fields, so that you can use your tab key to navigate from field to field.

Ideally, as you tab into a field, it will select the current value so you can quickly over write it with a new value. As it is now, its too difficult to enter values in these fields, with mouse point, mouse click, back space, type, mouse point, mouse click, back space, type, etc.

Please also add an Enable check box and/or a Reset button on the Time tab, to enable and/or clear any start and stop times.

The "Select" gui also has time fields that need tab support. And, if the Select gui allowed seeking forward and reverse (via keyboard) in increments of frames, seconds, and minutes, it would help very much with time selection. Instead, I always use an external program to determine my time values, and then manually enter them on the Time tab.

I frequently use start and stop times to perform quick encoding tests on small and specific parts of what I'm encoding. It would help a lot if time selection were easier.

(edit: oops, i just realized another request was just posted for some of this, but i think that just shows i'm not the only one :-)

Thanks!

flagpole
Modest
Modest

Re: Use of TAB key in the Time tab

Post by flagpole » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:09 pm

i agree with this. I'd view it more as a bug that by design as it is default behaviour whether or not it's specced.
my quant puzzles http://puzzles.nigelcoldwell.co.uk go look :)

lindend
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Use of TAB key in the Time tab

Post by lindend » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:06 am

I'd like to request support for the tab key to navigate fields. I'm constantly pressing tab to go to the next field and hearing the warning beep that it doesn't work.