Please fix... embeded MKV subtitle issue

If you need some features which are likely to be needed by most other users, or any good ideas, post them here.
Gringo
Amateur
Amateur

Please fix... embeded MKV subtitle issue

Postby Gringo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:49 am

Hi,

MediaCoder 7.2 has come a long way, a great tool at a great price, and the program feature set is second to none.

Please solve the subtitle rendering issue when trans-coding MKV files containing embedded subtitle tracks. It is not possible (i think) to disable or select a sub track from the source file.

Thank you.
Gringo
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Please fix... embeded MKV subtitle issue

Postby Gringo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:30 am

I found a way to work around this using a MEncoder config file.

See the details here http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html

Apparently you can send a command to MEncoder that will add a time delay, or render a track that does not exist. Effectively disabling the sub titles.

I liked the track selection option... here is how you do it.

Create a text file named "mencoder.conf" and place it in your "C:\Program Files\MediaCoder-0.7.2.4522\codecs\mplayer" folder.

Edit the mencoder.conf file and add this line "sid=31" to select sub title track 31 (which hopefully does not exist in your MKV video)

Alternately you can delay the subtitle rendering with "subdelay=9000" which will delay the subs for 9000 seconds... the idea being the delay is longer than the video.

Each method is working for me, however I think the SID=31 is a bit more elegant.

It would be nice if mediacoder could manage these commands for us.

Thanks to the MC team for all the hard work.
maisonneuve
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Please fix... embeded MKV subtitle issue

Postby maisonneuve » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:45 am

Thank you very much for this tutorial for Mencoder. This solved my subtitles problem right away.
(MediaCoder 0.7.3.4612, 3 .MKV files with 2 embedded chinese subtitle tracks)
Gilles

Return to “Feature Request”