Audio Delay configurable per file

Bug report and feature request
loki10
Beginner
Beginner

Audio Delay configurable per file

Post by loki10 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:24 am

Hello,
It would be superb if parameter in Sound tab - Audio Delay could be made to be defined for each file in list.

I usually convert MPEG TS DVB-T recordings to MP4 (h264/mp3). No decoders obey the Delay parameter from TS container. The Delay parameter could be easily seen on Media Info properties in the right tab.

The audio delay constantly varies with each recorded file - I don't know if this is because of broadcasters or some issue in my recorder but that is the situation I'm in.

Of course the best solution would be if MC could extract parameter from Media Info and automatically implement this value. Well, actually the best solution would be if demuxers or decoders could reliably read the TS containers but that’s not the question for Media Coder.

Currently any batch processing in MC is basically impossible because you have to be by the computer for each transcoded file. I’m using large amounts of time dealing with audio sync issues while working with Media Coder but mostly not because of Media Coder fault.

I have tried changing the decoders, but I have found the ffmpeg is the best. Mencoder and Mplayer don't handle trimming well (always starts from 0:00 regardless of start time, although they stop at defined stop time) and I couldn't get AVIsynth to work at all. Also I saw somewhere that trimming isn't possible with AVIsynth.

Thanks !

L.