Please, make donation Pop-up Screens less obstructive!

Bug report and feature request
TCman888
Amateur
Amateur

Please, make donation Pop-up Screens less obstructive!

Post by TCman888 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:52 am

Hi,

I recently used Mediacoder to encode/convert some old karaoke VCDs, but I am obstructed by these donation pop-op screens/windows. I don't remember any of these pop-ups in the older betas (although by using google search, I find out that similar problems did occur in the beta), but they are now starting to pop-up quite frequently in these release-candidates of Mediacoder. And during batch encoding this is really annoying, especially you went away to do other things in the meantime, because this pop-up screens do stop the entire batch encoding 'till you click on the "later" button (which has it's own time-out) in the pop-up window before you can go further with the batch encoding. And a second pop-up screen appear again within after a few video files are encoded during the same batch encoding. And the time-out is set to 60 minutes, that's a whole hour! Isn't that a bit too long? In my opinion it should be 60 seconds (1 minute) for example. So may I suggest to make the pop-up screen/window for donation less obstructive, e.g. one that does not stop the actual encoding process.

Don't get me wrong, Mediacoder deserves donations, but these kind of pop-up screens are really breaking this wonderful software: it's annoying, obstructive and user-unfriendly. It's this kind of obstructive pop-ups that make people avoiding Mediacoder. So please, make these donation pop-ups less obstructive, i.e. not stopping/halting the batch encode process.

Mediacoder version that's used: x64 2011 build 5222
Windows 7 x64 Utimate

Edit: Now, it seems Mediacoder is now constantly asking me to donate with these pop-up screens, each after 2 or 3 encodes during a batch encoding. I have checked older versions of Mediacoder, e.g. 0.7.0.4399 and 0.7.2.4598 x86, both without these pop-up screen that frequently appears on-screen, although I can't go into the advance options since they do not support newer firefox,e .g. Firefox 7 and newer.

Edit 2: Okay, I am wrong about version 0.7.2.4598 x86 that it didn't show the pop-up screens; on the contrary, it does stop in the middle of a batch encoding process, but they are about something else, not about donating, but more about whether you want to know more about services etc. of Mediacoder and so on. The time-out in this older version of Mediacoder was less severe, something like 15 minutes.

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Re: Please, make donation Pop-up Screens less obstructive!

Post by meRobs » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:59 am

The free versions of MediaCoder, etc, have some limitations, such as a limit to the number to be batch encoded.
Suggest you look at: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12453
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

fluor
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Please, make donation Pop-up Screens less obstructive!

Post by fluor » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:01 am

isnt this popup asking for donation breaking GPL?