Error 008 immediately on "Start"

Bug report and feature request
Bushy
Amateur
Amateur

Error 008 immediately on "Start"

Post by Bushy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:50 pm

I open the command window to observe and see that the process never starts.
After the text display of the processor there's just a blinking cursur.
I'm on ver 0.6.1.4045 ver 0.6.1.4116 worked fine
On a DELL 9150 tower, its all stock, 3 gig ram, pentium D 2.8.ghz CPU running XP Pro on a fresh install.

Any suggestions?

Bushy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bushy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:00 pm

I ripped a DVD. I choose the Video_TS for my input. Media COder populates with all the VOB files. I'm tranzcoding to XVID with AVI container , the task mode is Join.

This is exactly how I've been doing things in the past without an issue so I don't know what changed other than the media coder updates.

B!ink
Expert
Expert

Post by B!ink » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:08 pm

I suggest sticking with the version that worked for you prior to updating MediaCoder. Development build tends to be buggy at times because of new features being added.

Bushy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bushy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:09 pm

Just thinking out loud. I notice that none of the menu options that should open a browser work either, i.e. the SUPPORT MENU.

I'm using Firefox ver 3. Might there be some break between Firefox and Mediacoder?

Bushy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bushy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:14 am

I am at complete loss with this issue.

I have re-installed C++, downgraded to the earliest version of Mediacoder available (.3905) through the most current (.4116), I've made sure that FF has its complete path in "Settings".

After all this nothing changes.

As soon as I click "Start" to begin a transcode I immediately get the error window with the message "No file output" Last error code: 008 | Click to get more information on this error. Which when clicked does nothing.

Also every submenu option in Mediacoder under "SUPPORT" does nothing with the exception of "About". It really seems that there is no communication with FF3.

One final thought. I remember that in the past whenever I started Mediacoder, FF would open the Mediacoder web page. There was an opetion on the page to stop that behavior. I checked it. I notice now when I start Mediacoder it takes a while before it actually starts. I'm wondering if it i some how dependent on opening that web page that no longer opens to work correctly.

Bushy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bushy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:41 am

Well, your suggestion was a good test. I don't know what it tells me but the results were positive. I download the most recent stable version and the most current beta in the zip format. Both work great.

So I can only guess that something went wrong with the installer version of the software.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Bushy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bushy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:52 am

I'm confortable working in the Registry, Give me the keys to delete and I'll remove them.

Again thanks for the help.

nigerblack
Beginner
Beginner

Post by nigerblack » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:10 am

Hello to all. It 's my first message and I want to start with the thank all those who collaborate with this fantastic program. About this problem I discovered that my hardware configuration (Athlon XP 2700 + (2.23Ghz) 2.5 Gh Ram (400Mhz CAS 2.5)) and the version 0.6.2.4200 of this program, installing the opt-pack - athlon-xp-20070815 any transcoding start, I get the error 008. Instead installing the same version without opt-pack it works wonders. I hope I can be useful to someone. Even greetings to all. :idea: :wink: